Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New tyres needed

3 hours ago, Warrington guy said:

Bridgestone all the way for me . And reasonable priced . Tyres on the drive was the best I could get . I'm sure they were £160 a corner. Fitted 

Bridgestone for me as well, all down to personal preference I guess, I'm more than happy with them.

🐀

12 hours ago, mrfunex said:

Anyone tried the new Michelin PilotSport 4S yet? Supposed to be better than the SuperSport, which, I believe is a great tyre..

Just fitted them to my wife's veloster to try an curb her wheel spin habit 🙈. They're still bedding in but I'll let you know how they are soon!

• Like 3

On 11/03/2017 at 2:11 PM, Rusty Crobar said:

Just fitted them to my wife's veloster to try an curb her wheel spin habit 🙈. They're still bedding in but I'll let you know how they are soon!

@Rusty Crobar Hey Russ didn't think that sort of thing still went on in Wales, cruel husband you 😂

IMG_2515.JPG

🐀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

She's has to earn her keep, Michelin star meals don't grow on trees you know...🤑

Very good Russ, please don't show it to her mate I can't run fast anymore !

🐀

• Like 1

Bridgestone are the only manufacturers approved tyres when searching online, you get the lexus logo next to the tyres. Surely it doesn't make any difference right? 

It's the manufacturer approved game, it's what the car had when its new presumably bit of a cartel at times, though I do accept some cars do have tyres manufactured specifically for them.

One of the worst practices is the N rated system Porsche push on customers even for older vehicles can invalidate your warranty if you do not use the tyres that confirm with the N rating.

They are even suppose to have them fitted to all there used stock, which is rubbish last two I bought hadn't so I got them changed before pick up because of the warranty issues.

Big Rat

Edited by Big Rat

I'm not sure what's special about the "Lexus" Bridgestones but some car manufacturers request OEM fitment tyres to have certain characteristics. ie: BMW M division typically want ultimate lap time performance and lighter weight.

Just now, J Henderson said:

I'm not sure what's special about the "Lexus" Bridgestones but some car manufacturers request OEM fitment tyres to have certain characteristics. ie: BMW M division typically want ultimate lap time performance and lighter weight.

I only want low noise, great fuel efficiency, great dry and wet weather handling and long lasting :)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I only want low noise, great fuel efficiency, great dry and wet weather handling and long lasting :)

And I've had/ got all that from my Bridgestones, and dispite of all my knowledge of Michelin and having worked for them, why would I want to spend the considerable extra money ?

Big Rat

• Like 1

Bit of a minefield 😕..... was about to push the button on some Michelin PSS but then started to look at other options. Vredstein were on the car when I purchased the car, seemed OK but had nothing to compare them to apart from the winter Bridgestones which have been Ok.  

14 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Bit of a minefield 😕..... was about to push the button on some Michelin PSS but then started to look at other options. Vredstein were on the car when I purchased the car, seemed OK but had nothing to compare them to apart from the winter Bridgestones which have been Ok.  

Evo Magazine tyre test for 2016.  Conti Sport 6 won overall due to best all round performance.  Michelin PSS came 2nd and only lost due to wet weather performance (destroyed all other tyres in the dry).

Those new Pilot Sport 4S tyres do look quite handy though.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Evo Magazine tyre test for 2016.  Conti Sport 6 won overall due to best all round performance.  Michelin PSS came 2nd and only lost due to wet weather performance (destroyed all other tyres in the dry).

Those new Pilot Sport 4S tyres do look quite handy though.

£660 for Bridgestone fitted

£800 for Michelin PSS fitted

£640 for Vredstein fitted 

£700 for Continental fitted 

£725 for Good Year F1 Asymmetric 2/3 fitted 

£650 for Pirelli P Zero fitted

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonP said:

I paid less then that for my MPSS shortly before the vote, prices have moved since then unfortunately.

Prices seem to vary between websites, but just used one for a quick comparison. 

I got mine from trade tyres in Guildford, just checked their website out of curiosity, currently quoting 820 for 4 MPSS fitted. The 4S seem to be about the same price. IIRC thats a bit over 10% more than I paid less than a year ago.

• Like 1

Might be able to give you lot a review of both the standard Bridgestones and a new set of MPS4S - I'm doing a track day at Silverstone on the 22nd - I don't think the Bridgestones are going to have much life left by the end of the afternoon ;-)

• Like 1

I'm tempted by the 'claimed' premium/top rated brands (Michelin/Continental) if only to experience how much better they are vs the Vredstein that were originally on the car. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links