Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New tyres needed

42 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

I'm tempted by the 'claimed' premium/top rated brands (Michelin/Continental) if only to experience how much better they are vs the Vredstein that were originally on the car. 

My vreds were ok'ish in the dry, complete pants in the wet. Michelins and Bridgestones both much better

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonP said:

My vreds were ok'ish in the dry, complete pants in the wet. Michelins and Bridgestones both much better

Very useful, thanks @JonP. Much difference between Bridgestone and Michelin or both good tyres? 

16 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Very useful, thanks @JonP. Much difference between Bridgestone and Michelin or both good tyres? 

For the driving I do I would say they are both good tyres as I don't track the car. That said, I like the way the car drives on the MPSS. I've been a little cautious in the wet though it's not broken away at all so definitely better than the vreds were. Feels really surefooted at high speed on the autobahn, built up confidence over a while and ended up very happily driving a top speed on the straights when the road was clear. Given the previous reviews about the 4S I will probably give them a try next.

• Like 1

I've just went up to 285/30,19 on back with Bridgestone they look ok but drive it hard and it feels a wee bit boaty, but I want to go up to 10 ins wide rims on back eventually but required tyres now.

A lot less slip under acceleration so you feel the power of the car better.

1 minute ago, Mark6pot said:

I've just went up to 285/30,19 on back with Bridgestone they look ok but drive it hard and it feels a wee bit boaty, but I want to go up to 10 ins wide rims on back eventually but required tyres now.

A lot less slip under acceleration so you feel the power of the car better.

Previous set on back were standard size Michelans.

Fronts have been standard size Bridgestone since I got the car last August. So I'm Bridgestone all around now.

44 minutes ago, mrfunex said:

You guys who've already switched from the standard Bridgestones - did you keep the standard tyre sizes, or go a little wider? 

Stuck with standard tyre sizes. 

1 hour ago, mrfunex said:

You guys who've already switched from the standard Bridgestones - did you keep the standard tyre sizes, or go a little wider? 

Conti Sport 6's

245/35/19 Front

275/30/19 Rear

No complaints from me although they did replace some Ditch Finders which were on the front and Toyo T1's at the rear (which are good for a hot hatch.  Not a heavy saloon).

I had Yokohama Advan Sports in my previous car.  Rate them a lot higher than the Dunlop Sportmaxx's it came with. 

Reasonably priced and score highly in the Evo tyre tests etc. 

Will probably get these or the Goodyear Eagle F1's when the current Bridgestones are shot......Kumho Ecsta la sports are very cheap on Black Circles but not sure how good they are. 

I changed from Pirelli Rosso's (OEM), on my 1st Audi, to Goodyear F1's. Went to Elite tyres in Rainham and they recommended them, because they were felt to be just as good, but also a lot quieter and with better side wall protection for the alloys - and they were much better. 

My next Audi (S4) came with Conti's (OEM) and when they needed replacing, having been impressed with the Goodyear's previously, I changed to the latest versions of the F1's. To my surprise and disappointment the F1's were not a patch on the Conti's. I would not have believed the difference would be that noticable during everyday use (as oppsosed to on a track), but they had no where near the same levels of grip in the wet or dry.  The Conti's just gave you more confidence!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAW said:

I changed from Pirelli Rosso's (OEM), on my 1st Audi, to Goodyear F1's. Went to Elite tyres in Rainham and they recommended them, because they were felt to be just as good, but also a lot quieter and with better side wall protection for the alloys - and they were much better. 

My next Audi (S4) came with Conti's (OEM) and when they needed replacing, having been impressed with the Goodyear's previously, I changed to the latest versions of the F1's. To my surprise and disappointment the F1's were not a patch on the Conti's. I would not have believed the difference would be that noticable during everyday use (as oppsosed to on a track), but they had no where near the same levels of grip in the wet or dry.  The Conti's just gave you more confidence!!

The Conti's Sport Contact 6 are pretty good value at the moment, £700 which is £100 cheaper than the Michelin. Looking like my choice at the moment. Good to hear your positive experience with Conti's 👍 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, emjay82 said:

Conti's Sport Contact 6's ordered :wink3:, might have time to get then fitted on the new wheels for the weekend. 

Look forward to hearing how you rate them!!

On 15/03/2017 at 2:40 PM, mrfunex said:

On 15/03/2017 at 3:25 PM, JonP said:

Stuck with standard tyre sizes. 

Me too, changed to Michelin Pilot Super Sports and not noticed a great deal of difference in grip.  The Michelins are quieter though.

2 hours ago, Dave McDave said:

Me too, changed to Michelin Pilot Super Sports and not noticed a great deal of difference in grip.  The Michelins are quieter though.

I'm switching back from the larger tyre sizes (on the car when I purchased), to stock.  If nothing else I begrudge being charged extra by the insurance company for declaring the alteration. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links