Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

You know those horrible scuff marks on the plastic at the bottom of your seats, use one of these sponges with some degreaser/multi purpose cleaner and you'll get rid of most if not all of them. Don't overdo it with these as they can strip your trim back too far start out gently wipe off with a clean wrung out microfibre towel and some warm water. I also went gently round all my interior trim with one of these wiping off as I went. I was amazed how much dirt came out especially as I'd cleaned it all two days previously, or so I thought I had, it is now cleaner than I could ever have imagined! Lightly does it though as you don't want to damage anything. I'll now apply Gtechniq C5 to protect it I use an awful lot of their products as I find them excellent the best for me is C2 Liquid Crystal, you put it on ideally after polishing and it gives an incredible wet look and dispenses with the need for any wax and is easy to apply and lasts. Whilst I'm at it if your leather seats are looking dirty and tired try Leatherique rejuvenator and their Prestine clean. You will probably need to apply the rejuvenator a few times and it needs leaving on for 24 hours ideally but you'll be amazed at how it cleans and softens leather. If you've had a cheap spray job done on your seats in the past this may lift it exposing how poorly it was done. It's not an oil is mild and feeds the leather. How can it feed leather seats that are coated as they all are? Well the coating breaks down over time and thats how it gets in and also through the stitching. It really is a minefield in the leather products field but from what I've learnt don't use anything oil based what you need is once cleaned/conditioned is a protectant as that's what the coating is is put on the leather for protection, even the old leathers had varnish on them to protect them and when you conditioned them you were actually trying to hold the varnish together. I have no links to any of these products it's just my experiences with them.

• Like 3