Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How well do you rate your Lexus dealer?

Lexus dealers - what do you think? (Anonymous poll)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, how well do you rate your Lexus dealer?

• Wonderful
    • Good
    • Average
    • Not great
  2. 2. Have you found that the level of service varies between different Lexus dealers?

• Yes, massive difference
    • No, all pretty much the same
    • Don't know - only used one dealer
  3. 3. How do you rate you dealer's knowledge of the IS-F?

• Impressive
    • Good
    • Fair
    • Poor

2 hours ago, JonP said:

How do you rate their servicing?

They carried out a basic service on my IS250 which was absolutely fine. The ISF, carried out a pre warranty inspection and MOT following purchase. On the MOT they missed the two front tyres which were MOT fails which resulting me losing faith in them. Asked them to look into the lack of Bass to the Mark Levison and they didn't recognise there was a fault, after me insisting, they identified that the sub woofer was faulty. Apart from the missed worn tyres they've been Ok, very average. They service on site which I prefer to Twickenham. They didn't offer a very good deal on the 2 year fixed service plan. Next service I might go back to them for convenience or try Guildford or Milton Keynes.

@emjay82

Mark do you know if the sub is a common problem, has it been discussed on here before I joined,

Mine smashes out' Moloko' just fine st 40 on the dials 😳

I know I know..... many are thinking now who are they oh please 🙄 

MOLOKO 🤗

Big Rat

• Like 1

Hedge End have always been great with our cars (GS450h, RX450h and ISF) - really helpful, seemingly knowledgable and keen to please. 

The only slight blot on their copybook from me is the last time my ISF went in, I asked them to "look at a slight leak in the exhaust - it's where the standard section meets the H&S cat-back."

They duly looked at it and upon collection told me "yup, there's a slight leak between the two sections..."

Now, it's not really important, but I wish they'd actually taken it one step further and fixed the problem, not just tell me what I already knew... d'oh!

Thought I would just go back & check re mileage issue I mentioned earlier as wasn't sure I had remembered all the details correctly.

In fact, not only was the last digit of the job sheet mileage over written, but was 2 miles higher than was showing on the odometer when I picked the car up (not under).

17 hours ago, Fatts said:

They do drop & pick during servicing times i.e. they will drop the courtesy car at your house and pick your car up for service. But you'll need to book like 2 weeks ahead. Their service manager is Dale, and I have been using them since 2008.

Thanks for the info & booking in advance is no problem - will certainly give them a go if I have any more issues.

TBO I'm always wary about the car being picked up because you just don't know how someone will drive the car.  At my last service my car was driven the short distance from the work shop by a new young member of the service team who proceeded to tell me that they really liked the car, didn't know what it was & were a bit surprised by how powerful it was!!.  There was clearly no harm done & I'm sure it would seem powerful, even at relatively low speeds, to anyone only used to driving cars that someone of that age could insure.

But again didn't exactly fill me with confidence!!

2 hours ago, DAW said:

Thought I would just go back & check re mileage issue I mentioned earlier as wasn't sure I had remembered all the details correctly.

In fact, not only was the last digit of the job sheet mileage over written, but was 2 miles higher than was showing on the odometer when I picked the car up (not under).

Thanks for the info & booking in advance is no problem - will certainly give them a go if I have any more issues.

TBO I'm always wary about the car being picked up because you just don't know how someone will drive the car.  At my last service my car was driven the short distance from the work shop by a new young member of the service team who proceeded to tell me that they really liked the car, didn't know what it was & were a bit surprised by how powerful it was!!.  There was clearly no harm done & I'm sure it would seem powerful, even at relatively low speeds, to anyone only used to driving cars that someone of that age could insure.

But again didn't exactly fill me with confidence!!

@DAW I won't go into it again on here but no so many years ago an M3 I had went in for work 'again' 

I got the noticed of intended prosecution 4 days later for 129mph in a 30.

Eventually all dealt with but it's part of the reason I make the demands I do i.e. Vehicle will not leave site on to public road without me present.

Big Rat

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Crate of Guinness en route to this man, full marks 👍

🐀

Might I suggest a bottle of Irish instead ?  Still from the same country :smile:.  

Shocked tor read of your M3 at 129mph while in the custody of the dealer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

I don't mind what she wears on her head.  She's far too pretty for a paper bag though :in_love:

Ooh err you got me there 😂

A great band very underrated better not get into this to far I get told off when I go off ISF topic, and get threats like slashing my Guinness supplies 😂

🐀

• Like 2

Bought mine from Lexus Coventry, Richard there was very helpful and the whole transaction was a pleasant one.

Enquired about others at Lexus Manchester and Bristol at the same time and found the salesperson at Manchester to be very pushy.

Will probably be using Lexus Derby for April's service as it is closest and only 5mins from where I work. Saying that it was supplied by Coventry from new, and all the services were done there by the previous owner,  they know the car better than anyone so I may stick with that trend.

A bit spoilt for choice around here as Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Stoke, Birmingham and Coventry are all well under an hours drive away.

• Like 1

@Tom24 

Got to be a bonus if they know the car Lexus Cheltenham know mine, and they were very helpful resolving a fuse issue that was my fault.

I ask you 15 months into Lexus ownership and an issue over a 59p fuse x2 that was the customers fault 😂 Has been the sum total of problems, back to BMW/ Porsche..... yeah right 😏

🐀

• Like 2

12 hours ago, emjay82 said:

They carried out a basic service on my IS250 which was absolutely fine. The ISF, carried out a pre warranty inspection and MOT following purchase. On the MOT they missed the two front tyres which were MOT fails which resulting me losing faith in them. Asked them to look into the lack of Bass to the Mark Levison and they didn't recognise there was a fault, after me insisting, they identified that the sub woofer was faulty. Apart from the missed worn tyres they've been Ok, very average. They service on site which I prefer to Twickenham. They didn't offer a very good deal on the 2 year fixed service plan. Next service I might go back to them for convenience or try Guildford or Milton Keynes.

Hmm, I may stick with heading over to Guildford after I move, as it won't be that much further. Might try reading once just to see how they do.

Lexus Chester; get my vote. I've bought the cars from Wolverhampton and Manchester, but always gone for servicing at Chester. So far, so very good after 6 1/2 years and they have given me no reason to go to Stockport, Stoke or Manchester

• Like 1

On 13/03/2017 at 5:07 PM, DAW said:

I have always made a note of the mileage, but I now photograph it (inc the dealership) once I have arrived in the customer parking area at Woodford. The reason being, that when I had the fan recall work done, it happen to coincided with the arrival of the 1st RCF at the dealership. Their workshop is also a second site very close to the showroom so has to be driven too, but should only resulted in the car being returned with a maximum of 1 mile added.  When I picked the car up it had a lot more than that. I spoke to the service department and they sent me photos of the mechanics log in sheet, which had been over written & was magically a mile lower than the mileage when I picked the car up!!.  I think it was probably just too much of a temptation given the arrival of the RCF and was taken out for a comparison drive.

Its a shame because I'd hoped Lexus dealers might be better than that. Trouble is I now can't help wonder how well the car is being looked after. The car is due its big 6 yr service in August but has only done 11.5k miles - will the plugs actually be replaced etc??

I wondered the same thing when i had my 60K service done last year and asked the dealer to leave the old plugs out for me as i wanted to see how worn they were.

I only use the dealer now for servicing & the stamp in the log book.  Discs, pads and tyres I source myself then get a local garage to fit as they do just as good a job but for half the labour costs.

The servicing gets done at either the Tunbridge Wells or Canterbury dealerships but despite being owned by the same group of garages their pricing differs and for the 60K service last year they quoted a different list of what they actually did for the same service.  Canterbury has been better from a 'customer service' point of view as they are more polite and will happily run you into town & pick you up when the cars ready.  The car also has a tracker & Blackvue dash cam on it just in case they fancy an extended 'test drive'.  To be fair I've never had a problems with that sort of thing but the Canterbury mechanics do like to floor it the 300 yards between the showroom and the workshop!!

I don't think the 'salesmen' are particularly good at knowing their product as other people have mentioned.  I test drove an RC F at Tunbridge Wells last year & I knew more about the car than the salesman!!  The mechanics know far more about the car than the people trying to sell them in my experience!

It's in for its 70K service at Tunbridge Wells on Tuesday & they havn't seen the car for a couple of years so will be interesting to see of their service has improved.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dave McDave said:

I wondered the same thing when i had my 60K service done last year and asked the dealer to leave the old plugs out for me as i wanted to see how worn they were.

Thats a good idea, but how would I know the plugs they showed me came from my car.  I will certainly do that in the hope that its enough to ensure its done though, so thanks for the suggestion.   Unfortunately the workshop is also a separate site from the dealership so I can't even see them do it as @Big Rat sensibly suggested.  Perhaps ignorance is bliss as long as the book is stamped and I will just have to trust them.  I may, after all, be being overly pessimistic!!

Just now, DAW said:

Thats a good idea, but how would I know the plugs they showed me came from my car.  I will certainly do that in the hope that its enough to ensure its done though, so thanks for the suggestion.   Unfortunately the workshop is also a separate site from the dealership so I can't even see them do it as @Big Rat sensibly suggested.  Perhaps ignorance is bliss as long as the book is stamped and I will just have to trust them.  I may, after all, be being overly pessimistic!!

I'd be surprised if they had 8 used ones lying around in their workshop.  You can also take the front ones out quite easily to check afterwards, it's only the 2 nearest the bulkhead that are the pain to get to.  I'd be more concerned about them cracking the wiring harness on the top of the engine when they remove it & then putting the cover back on so you never notice.  Mine has electrical tape on it which i'm sure wasn't part of the original design........  It's notoriously fragile due to the heat apparently.

• Like 1

I hope your right and thanks for the info especially about the wiring harness. 

On an unrelated matter, and if you don't mind me asking, do you ever drive through Heathfield or frequent the Star in old Heathfield?. Only I have friends who live in Broad Oak, so am in Heathfield frequently and have seen a blue ISF, but have never been in my own car to acknowledge a fellow owner.

23 hours ago, DAW said:

I hope your right and thanks for the info especially about the wiring harness. 

On an unrelated matter, and if you don't mind me asking, do you ever drive through Heathfield or frequent the Star in old Heathfield?. Only I have friends who live in Broad Oak, so am in Heathfield frequently and have seen a blue ISF, but have never been in my own car to acknowledge a fellow owner.

Yep that's mine, i live just round the corner from The Star, small word!!  I don't thinks i've ever seen another F other than at the Bluewater meets, let alone in a country pub car park in the middle of nowhere!

• Like 1

Dealers are a hit n miss in my opinion. Iv always used Birmingham as my local.. never had a issue, did what had to be done on all my Lexus's, and provided good service. 

But when i went 3 weeks ago to look at a car i was refused a test drive. The sales man went to get the keys for a white is300h, got the trade plates, took my details. The moment my mrs said she prefers black he told me the car has not been in the workshop so i cant test drive it. Was a pee'd off a little. 

Ended up picking my GS300h F Sport yesdterday from Sheffield Lexus.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Dave McDave said:

Yep that's mine, i live just round the corner from The Star, small word!!  I don't thinks i've ever seen another F other than at the Bluewater meets, let alone in a country pub car park in the middle of nowhere!

Yes it is a small world, & other than Goodwood, yours is the only one I've ever seen in the wild so to speak!!.  I hope you didn't mind me asking, but curiosity got the better of me, and I thought there was a fair chance it might be you given how few of us there are.

I saw you 1st when you passed me in my friends car at the back of Sainsbury's, and I thought then wow what were the chances, not expecting to see another one again.  Then about six months later you were already parked at the Star when we arrived, again in my friends car.  I've been going to the Star for years, but I don't tend to take the F because of the issues parking at times.  

With any luck we will pass each other at some point and If you're in the Star again I'll at least say hello now we are aware of each other. Might have seemed a bit strange to have a complete stranger interrupt your pint/dinner out of the blue!! :wink3: