Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New owner just saying Hi

ferkle

Hi

Just thought I'd take the opportunity to say Hi, my name is Luke and I'm new to Lexus, but not by a long stretch, to Japanese cars. 

I've just bought a Lexus LS430, and looking forward to learning, sharing and enjoying the ownership experience. 

Thanks! There's a long way to go before its a 'lovely' Lexus! But I am working on it. 

Currently going through it cleaning years of being smoked in and general neglect. Ewww! 

I2w6upv4.jpg9kuova.jpgf2olmx.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks all for the warm welcome. 

After a week of evenings and a weekend of scrubbing, my LS is now officially on the road. 

Here's the kind of grot I've been taking care of! :sick:

IMG-20170311-WA0006.jpeg

IMG_20170311_125609.jpg

Hi

No caravans for me. That belongs to a neighbour. Though I am very tempted to put Paul's transmission cooler on anyway, seeing as he's local and its a simple upgrade. 

Yuck, the first picture looks like you had enough tobacco down there for a roll up!  Thankfully mine was a non smokers car.   Looking forward to more pics.  Is the body as good as it looks?

Ha, thanks Verbout, the alloys are truly awful at the moment. Once the weather dries up, I'll get them smartened up. 

Rest assured the car was only stopped like that while I swapped some cars around the driveway. No kerbing/scraping, just a wheel up. 

The Acre, yeah it was beyond grim. Using cotton buds to pull tar off the lock switches, it was so thick. *shudder*

The body is straight, but has a few scratches and scrapes. Nothing a good bit of spit and polish won't sort. On that topic, any ideas how hard the paint is? On my Subaru and Honda the paint is super soft and marrs/swirls for fun, and I've only ever used a finishing pad and ultra fine compound.

As a comparison, my old BMW I'd go at it practically with chisels and it wouldn't mark at all, such was the hardness of the paint.