Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, 

My reverse camera image is Blurry, like the camera is dirty. I've wiped the camera, but didn't change.

Has anyone come across this before, cant find anything on search. Is it possible that crap can get in the camera itself? If so, are the cameras able to be opened and cleaned?

If not, is it worth trying a new camera unit? If so, does it need to be lexus unit, or what type of other camera can I try?

Any useful info on parts, wiring, or anything else be great, as only had the car since last night, so not a clue lol.

Thanks all, Upex

Look at the outside of the camera lens critically. If it looks dull with tiny scratches it is probable that the lens is damaged. 

Spray with WD40, and see if the image improves slightly. If it does a good polish with Brasso/ Tcut/ or even tooth paste can restore the surface of the lens. You have nothing to loose.

John

Having recently changed the camera unit on my GS430 I can tell you the camera is a sealed unit , I managed to buy a good working second hand  camera from Lithuania off the internet for £40.00 and its working perfectly however when the sun is low and you are reversing into it the camera gives an image like an over exposed photo but at all other times the imaging is pin sharp and very good even at night. A new one fitted by Lexus (fitting takes about 20minutes) will set you back £630.00.

Britpus, that's a good idea, hadn't thought that it could just be well weathered, will take a very close look when light.

Soramad, wow, £630, I'll keep looking over my shoulder if it comes to that, ludicrous. If Britpus Polish idea doesn't work (if needed of course) I'll check for a fleabay special, suppose at least it'll fit well and be plug and play, versus faffing with a new camera of generic fit etc.

Thanks all, will report back once had a closer look for the good of future viewers.  

Edit: if I need to find a used unit, will any GS of 2005 to 2010 one fit and work, or am I tied to specific GS's and or years?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links