Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Slack - I don't know for definite but will share what I offered in another thread on a similar question

I looked into this quite heavily before purchasing an SE as there were so many SE-L's around but I didn't want the hassle of air bellows going wrong.

From what I have found it's entirely feasible, and likely not too difficult, the shocks look relatively the same length (from pics) with the same mounting brackets.

The mounts on the body should be universal for air/coil - wouldn't be economical for Lexus to modify a whole chassis just to fit a specific shock, so if I were doing this I would buy one used shock off eBay for 40 quid or whatever (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-RX300-RX-300-Front-front-let-passenger-side-shock-absorber-/272500930604?hash=item3f7252382c:g:KvoAAOSw5cNYY7xw) with a view of getting the wheel off, under-arch plastic off and offering it up and checking dimensions and mountings vs my current air shock - once confirmed it offers up okay with no modification I would of taken the plunge to buy 4x good ones and fit them in a day myself.

I ended up finding a nice SE finally so didn't need to follow through on this so as far as my knowledge took me.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links