Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

16-18 weeks leadtime

Sounds about right for a new factory order, remember these cars have to wait their turn to be built than shipped from Japan. Our IS was ordered in early Dec 2014, earliest date of collection was March 2015.

Not technically due until June, so guess I sit back and see what they come up with.  Was almost swayed by the new Passat GTE Phev until I saw the real world 35 mpg once the 20 miles electric was gone, plus still not sure I can be @rsed to plug in all the time.

On Mon Mar 13 2017 at 10:44 PM, Blisteringblue said:

Not technically due until June, so guess I sit back and see what they come up with.  Was almost swayed by the new Passat GTE Phev until I saw the real world 35 mpg once the 20 miles electric was gone, plus still not sure I can be @rsed to plug in all the time.

All depends on your daily usage patterns. If your commute is around 20-50 miles plugging in daily could dramatically reduce you fuel costs, and your save time by not needing to visit the forecourt as often. Once your use to it plug in in the car takes about 10 seconds extra. 

My Leaf is now waiting to be collected by the lease company, its done 13780 miles, total amount of electricity used 3100kWh at an average cost of 8p per kWh, so £248. Thats 1.7p per mile in fuel costs - excluding money I've claimed back for the business miles done in the car. 

At 115p per liter for unleaded, that's equivalent to a real world fuel efficiency of 290mpg in a combustion car to achieve same fuel costs!!!

So the extra effort of 10 seconds of your time plugging may just be worth it ;) 

• Like 1

On 13/03/2017 at 10:44 PM, Blisteringblue said:

I was also almost swayed by the passat GTE, the only car which came close to offering similar cost levels, but like you I was put off by the 1.4l petrol engine, the economy when the charge runs out, plugging in here and there to try and max the mpg and I wasn't too impressed by the interior quality and gadgets etc.  The fact you could get an estate version though almost tipped me to getting one.

If I was only commuting up to 50 miles a day then the Passat might be better, but for long motorway travels, I think the Lexus as a company car still can't be beat when you look at BIK tax, business fuel recovery and MPG.

13 hours ago, Steve44 said:

I think the Lexus as a company car still can't be beat when you look at BIK tax, business fuel recovery and MPG.

Absolutely spot on, this last 3 years my car costs have been negative.   Seriously I've made money driving my Lexus, I can't believe the German Brigade have not realised what the Lexus brings.

Even with the massive hikes in tax over the coming few years, I think it's up to 26 or 27% by 2018-19 my petrol offset will still only just start costing me money every month.  And that is moving from the 99g SE co2 to the 107g Sport as well :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links