Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

lexus is 220d problems again

Hi , first post here , does anyone know where could be the fuel pump relay ??? scanned my car last weekend, and i got only one fault code from the engine .

P1526 - FUEL ROUTE SWITCHING VALVE ACTIVE RELAY STUCK ON .

So , i am trying to find where is it , checked around engine fuses its not there... 

The car is slow as hell up the hill , but no problems of DPF or injectors.

the interesting thing is that car stats no problems at all. even when it was cold wheather.

So... Found the relay  ordered new one from eBay , but then figure out that i can swap with the other fuse...  Did that, and guess what no changes... Scanned my car again trying to clear the code and it come back after 1 sec.... must be some thing else then .

Any suggestions ? 

Things that are in my plan atm is :

1.  CHANGE OF THE FUEL FILTER (god knows when was it changed the last time )    (better  question is was it ever changed ? ) :unsure:
  2. CHANGE THE FUEL PUMP.....

i don`t think  that will help clearing the code, but worth to try...

What other fuse did you use?  The relay requires a specific resistance to work properly.  The resistance is as follows:

relay 1.jpg

If that is fine, then it is recommended to check the fuel route switching valve, but it doesn't tell you where it is!

relay 2.jpg

As for the fuel filter, it is such a bugger of a job that I wouldn't be surprised if it hadn't been done for a while, if at all.

1 hour ago, Shahpor said:

What other fuse did you use?  The relay requires a specific resistance to work properly.  The resistance is as follows:

relay 1.jpg

If that is fine, then it is recommended to check the fuel route switching valve, but it doesn't tell you where it is!

relay 2.jpg

As for the fuel filter, it is such a bugger of a job that I wouldn't be surprised if it hadn't been done for a while, if at all.

Hi, again looks like you are the only one that want to help me :D thanks for that.

So the fuse that i used was exactly the same part numbers and voltage so i guess it ok to use.

The problem is i don't have any idea where the hell that fuel route switching valve is..... searched all around the internet no clue...

As for the filter yes i've seen few videos, and few guides but still looks tricky just by looking at them. But it must be done... the easiest way that i found was to remove the wheel, and the guard so you don't really need to lie under the car and have better access. I will try that this weekend, and hope not to break it...

I am sure the others would help if they could :smile:

Ok, I have had a dig around the manual and have found the switching valve.  It is located here:

valve.jpg

Funnily enough, this is one step in replacing the fuel filter.

As for that, you can't get to the fuel and sediment filters from the wheel wells.  When mine was done, it required a lot of laying on your back and swearing!

This is where they are located:

filter.jpg

Hope you have a better time of it than I did.  Mine was in a right state when I got it out:

filter 2.jpg

• Like 1