Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Details on this ISF

Hi all, I've been lurking on this forum for a wee while whist doing my research for a new motor. I've come to the conclusion that, like most of you, you really can't beat the combination of what these cars have to offer.

So in my search, I have missed out on a few that came into my budget but one has just come up at an auction and wondered if anyone had any details on it.

Here's the old eBay page for it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/lexus-isf-2008-black-not-m3-c63-/162397183205?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140131123831%26meid%3D252197fe9af443ccaecb182e2de36f9c%26pid%3D100170%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D162397183205&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=U7EV0UVECXAfA%2B9FOt48LbPPjUo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

It's being sold tomorrow, so anything about it would be a bonus!

Hi Ricky

Im sure there had been talk on this car on here in recent months, in that the owner posted on here as it wasn't selling, and was asking for advice.

Cannot remember anything negative personally but if you have troll through the threads it'll turn up.

Big Rat

• Like 1

Cheers Paul, I had a search but nothing came up. Someone mentioned that the thread was deleted for some unknown reason. 

It looks like he part exchanged it in the end and that's why it's at the auction. From the original advert it seems like a clean car. Just needs the headlights to be de-smoked!

2 minutes ago, Wellsey said:

Cheers Paul, I had a search but nothing came up. Someone mentioned that the thread was deleted for some unknown reason. 

It looks like he part exchanged it in the end and that's why it's at the auction. From the original advert it seems like a clean car. Just needs the headlights to be de-smoked!

Yep, that's the first job I would do, looks bloody awful.

Probably the reason he was having trouble selling it in the first place! I'm hoping it'll   work to my advantage by puting some people off and maybe getting it for a decent price. 

• Like 1

Thanks for that!

The day I was going to call up about yours, your advert went offline (until Evans halshaw posted theirs in swift fashion...) . Glad it found a new home in the end though.

Missed out on the one at the auction today but seems like its already on AT. That makes it the second one that's been through lately, the other being the grey one for 22K also on AT. The search continues....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wellsey said:

Missed out on the one at the auction today but seems like its already on AT. That makes it the second one that's been through lately, the other being the grey one for 22K also on AT. The search continues....

Keep looking you know it makes sense, man maths always do 😏

🐀

Ah, good old man maths.... I can see the worry on my misses face every time I use it!

It seems there's a few silver cars at a decent price but they're not my cup of tea (sorry). Holding out for a grey, black or blue one.

How do you find living with yours day to day? I'm most looking forward to the not constantly worrying if it's going to break day every other month (current Alfa owner).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wellsey said:

Ah, good old man maths.... I can see the worry on my misses face every time I use it!

It seems there's a few silver cars at a decent price but they're not my cup of tea (sorry). Holding out for a grey, black or blue one.

How do you find living with yours day to day? I'm most looking forward to the not constantly worrying if it's going to break day every other month (current Alfa owner).

Ricky

You hold out for the right car in the colour you want, do all the usual checks, you really are buying into what is one of the most reliable marques anyway and in the 'F' a very good sorted model with very few problems.

Mine has been perfect in 15 months it's breadth of abilities is good fun to discover and is an A road weapon one moment to a shopping trolley the next, albeit one with a debatable firm ride.

Done 10k since buying it enjoyed every moment, a common thread with current and past owners is how good they are and they miss them when there gone !

Ive been fortunate to have had M3/ M5 Porsche Turbos/GT3 and the like all good some brilliant at times but as an overall package it's the 'F' every time.

Big Rat

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Thought yours was grey 😂

Just you wait until Saturday, you'll see how good a black car looks when it's clean (although it'll probably already be dirty by the time I get there 😂)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Just you wait until Saturday, you'll see how good a black car looks when it's clean (although it'll probably already be dirty by the time I get there 😂)

I look forward to that, I'm in Cardiff all day tomorrow, mines clean can you make sure the principality stays fine and dry 😂

🐀

The forecast is good but always expect rain in Wales! I'm working all day sadly but keep an eye/ear out for me on my commute! Also stay out of the way of a fast moving stealth bomber, also known as a veloster, as Mrs crobar is on the roads tomorrow too, she doesn't take any prisoners even V8s are no match for her 💀

• Like 1

Just been out for a test drive with the blue one that's currently advertised. Stunning colour in person! That car just had too many miles on the clock for my liking, even though it felt like a tank and disguised its use very well. The change of engine note is very additive above 3500, that alone has sold me on them, even more so. Thanks for all your feedback, my bank balance will now be much worse off once I've found the right car!

• Like 2

IMG_2517.PNG

@Rusty Crobar The Rat is afraid very afraid.....so couldn't find Guinness in a pub lunch time found some other black fluid called 'Brains' not sure if it robs you of them after a few of them enhances what little I have, the bar bird said 'Brains' is Welsh for Guinness, ok I'm pretty gullible, my new second favourite 😍

Big Rat

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wellsey said:

Just been out for a test drive with the blue one that's currently advertised. Stunning colour in person! That car just had too many miles on the clock for my liking, even though it felt like a tank and disguised its use very well. The change of engine note is very additive above 3500, that alone has sold me on them, even more so. Thanks for all your feedback, my bank balance will now be much worse off once I've found the right car!

It that the one with 80k on the clock? I'll probably be the same myself when I come to buy - I'd like to get a few years use out of it and still be able to sell with <90k on the clock so as not to scare off buyers that still fear the 100k milestone.

10 minutes ago, ronaldo said:

It that the one with 80k on the clock? I'll probably be the same myself when I come to buy - I'd like to get a few years use out of it and still be able to sell with <90k on the clock so as not to scare off buyers that still fear the 100k milestone.

That's the one. It's a lovely car, only had a couple of minor blemishes with the bodywork but for me it was the mileage that put me off. I'm exactly the same, every time I've had a car coming up to 100k I've swapped it in for another. Preferably I would like a 09/10 with under 50k so I can get the Lexus warranty for the piece of mind. Then once the Guilia QV comes down in price in a few years time, I might be tempted back to the temperamental Italians!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wellsey said:

That's the one. It's a lovely car, only had a couple of minor blemishes with the bodywork but for me it was the mileage that put me off. I'm exactly the same, every time I've had a car coming up to 100k I've swapped it in for another. Preferably I would like a 09/10 with under 50k so I can get the Lexus warranty for the piece of mind. Then once the Guilia QV comes down in price in a few years time, I might be tempted back to the temperamental Italians!

@Wellsey

Not so sure that's a wise idea really I mean if there politics goes on the way it does they may end up with another one of these 😳

IMG_2519.PNG

Looks a bit like Trump as well 😂

Big Rat

Hi all, this was my car. If any one would like some info just ask. P.s the smoked lights looked good from a distance I had some left over and just threw it in [emoji23]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Drewla said:

Hi all, this was my car. If any one would like some info just ask. P.s the smoked lights looked good from a distance I had some left over and just threw it in emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha sorry to be so harsh but it really isn't to my taste!

What did you get next and why? If you don't mind me asking.

No offence taken mate. I got an Evo 9, reason why, I've always wanted one plus my nearest Lexus gaurage was so far away and I wanted something with 4wd and living in Cumbria the roads are perfect for the Evo [emoji16]. I know there completely different but both amazing.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1