Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Moved off having returned from the Bank and noticed that the ride felt unusually firm. Tyre pressure warning light was on ,so I pulled over just short of Aldi in EllesmerePort.

Sure enough the rear offside new Kumho was as flat as a pancake. Contacted Lexus Roadside Assistance and the AA turned up 25 minutes later.

25 mins was just enough to let me see a dark green LS400 drive out of the Aldi car park and make friends with an elderly lady who tapped on my window to tell me I had a flat tyre ! 

Anyway, I digress. AA man asked for Locking Nuts and as I looked through to where the Space Saver wheel was kept I noticed what appeared to be a clean plastic sheet A4 in size. I told him that I had never seen this before and had no clue as to what it was. He took it from me and opened it up to reveal a large heavy duty industrial grade plastic bag . "This is for your punctured wheel to reside in so that Lexus Owners and their vehicles don`t get dirty", he said.

Well blow me, says I. Learn something new every day.

Tyre now repaired and fitted courtesy of Port Tyres.

Regards

John

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Verbout said:

I've only had a couple of flats tyres, it wouldn't dawn on me to phone the breakdown service. :)

I imagine that you would Garry if you were deaf and you had a congenital heart condition.

Regards

John

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Verbout said:

I've only had a couple of flats tyres, it wouldn't dawn on me to phone the breakdown service. :)

Me too.

In more than 40 years of driving I've only had two flat tyres. Mind you, now that my LPG tank lives where the spare wheel used to reside, I too will be calling the breakdown service if I ever have another one  :wink:

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

I imagine that you would Garry if you were deaf and you had a congenital heart condition.

Regards

John

I didn't mean it in a disparaging way, it really wouldn't dawn on me to call the breakdown service.

• Like 1