Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cannock meet this saturday.

7 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Some great photos there. The rcf by far the best looking car on display. 

Bit disappointed with the is-f apart from the tail pipes it looks like a regular is.

At least the m3/c63 actually looks like a muscle car.

They look a fair bit different in the fleshflesh with the larger wheels, flared arches, bulging bonnet, and lower wider stance.

Agree at a glance in passing it is hard to tell one apart from an IS250 F-Sport. 

8 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Bit disappointed with the is-f apart from the tail pipes it looks like a regular is.

I don't think many IS-F photographs do the cars justice. Like all cars, the IS-F has certain angles that really work and some that don't. Generally they look better in the flesh.

With regards to looking like a muscle car, I believe the designers of the IS-F simply didn't want that, but instead wanted to maintain subtlety.

I love the E92 shape. I still maintain that it is one of the prettiest cars BMW have made. The C63 (of the same era) - I think that is starting to show it's age now.

One last point I will add. When out driving and I see an IS, I do have to look carefully to see if it is another IS-F, but this is the same with the M3. From the front I have to check for a power dome and from the back I have to check for @Rusty Crobar style pipes. I guess what I am saying is that all 3 of these cars, the IS-F, C63 and the M3 could have been designed to be much more aggressive.

The IS250 is a nice car,  I owned one for two years, however, when you see an ISF in the flesh and most of all, drive one, I think you would appreciate the differences.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dinho said:

One to feed the people. I didn't take that many at all, I talk too much!!

1UZ Power

You did better than me, I didn't take any.  But then I'm rubbish at taking photos.

Bet you guessed this would get a few responses.  It's personal preference but I quite like the fact that it is that subtle and the changes made were because they had to.  I've had a lot of car people not know what it is until they start looking at the detail.  I wonder whether Lexus decided to go that route as to not alienate their core demographic of buyers.  If you're not careful you could end up with what Honda have done with the current shape Civic Type R which just looks like it's trying to hard.

If you wanted something a bit more obvious you could always bolt on the TRD kit but it's not exactly cheap.

Back on topic, was great to meet everyone.  Look forward to the next one.  Thankfully the trip home had less traffic than the way up though Somerset seems to have it's own weather pattern, as soon as I got to Bath it was so foggy I couldn't see past the end of the bonnet.

• Like 4

The IS, in general, hasn't got the prettiest front end in my opinion, but the other aspects of the car make up for it. As others has said, it's very subtle but most owners like it that way. For a nine year old car/design they don't look too bad, if comparing to the other competition at the time. 

Screenshot_20170319-094357.png

Screenshot_20170319-094509.png

Screenshot_20170319-094904.png

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

I think you're tempted by that trd kit @Chuckie478 :wink3:. Keep saving up your yen 💴 lol 

They've got a black carbon wrapped transmission tunnel just for you :whistling:  I would be tempted however I've priced up the bits I would want and according to the website it's £33k.  I wonder whether they've sold any of them.

2 hours ago, Chuckie478 said:

You did better than me, I didn't take any.  But then I'm rubbish at taking photos.

Bet you guessed this would get a few responses.  It's personal preference but I quite like the fact that it is that subtle and the changes made were because they had to.  I've had a lot of car people not know what it is until they start looking at the detail.  I wonder whether Lexus decided to go that route as to not alienate their core demographic of buyers.  If you're not careful you could end up with what Honda have done with the current shape Civic Type R which just looks like it's trying to hard.

If you wanted something a bit more obvious you could always bolt on the TRD kit but it's not exactly cheap.

Back on topic, was great to meet everyone.  Look forward to the next one.  Thankfully the trip home had less traffic than the way up though Somerset seems to have it's own weather pattern, as soon as I got to Bath it was so foggy I couldn't see past the end of the bonnet.

@Chuckie478

Hah I'd rather of had the fog than battle down to the Bullring  pick up Mrs Rat + 3 sisters, + 8.9 million pounds of shopping, and then drive home 😇

Big Rat

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chuckie478 said:

Having seen the new Type R up front, I have to say I really am not a fan :(

11 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Chuckie478

Hah I'd rather of had the fog than battle down to the Bullring  pick up Mrs Rat + 3 sisters, + 8.9 million pounds of shopping, and then drive home 😇

Big Rat

How did they all fit in!? One must have had an uncomfortable hard plastic middle seat!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toothy said:

How did they all fit in!? One must have had an uncomfortable hard plastic middle seat!

He has a boot for the ugliest sister!!!! ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Toothy said:

The short one sat on a cushion in the middle, it didn't look very comfortable but I enjoyed the level of discomfort be experienced at times, motorway pot holes, ah there's one 😂

Big Rat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

Having seen the new Type R up front, I have to say I really am not a fan :(

My neighbour has just taken delivery of a new Type R. Sounds nice but my word, looks like it's been through the Halfords accessory bin.. :whistling1:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chuckie478 said:

They've got a black carbon wrapped transmission tunnel just for you :whistling:  I would be tempted however I've priced up the bits I would want and according to the website it's £33k.  I wonder whether they've sold any of them.

Just doing the maths......

Sell car, get finance for an additional £17000, buy trd kit. Then save up for another ISF.

This isn't looking good .....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Just doing the maths......

Sell car, get finance for an additional £17000, buy trd kit. Then save up for another ISF.

This isn't looking good .....

Or, go to work for a morning - take half day off, buy 1 trd kit and a night at the Savoy. After all, you work in the lucrative world of estate agency.

In fact. Scrap that idea. Hook up with the bloke from Burnham On Sea ( @Big Rat). Get him to build some houses, you sell them and then buy a couple of LFAs!

Actually, one small adjustment. Get @Mark G involved in your business. You find some condemned asbestos riddled properties, Mark sorts out whatever needs to be  sorted asbestos wise, and Paul ( @Big Rat) renovates said properties. All you have to do then is sell the houses. Sorted, Two LFAs each and an LC-500 for the daily 'grind'

Man, I picked the wrong career!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Or, go to work for a morning - take half day off, buy 1 trd kit and a night at the Savoy. After all, you work in the lucrative world of estate agency.

In fact. Scrap that idea. Hook up with the bloke from Burnham On Sea ( @Big Rat). Get him to build some houses, you sell them and then buy a couple of LFAs!

Actually, one small adjustment. Get @Mark G involved in your business. You find some condemned asbestos riddled properties, Mark sorts out whatever needs to be  sorted asbestos wise, and Paul ( @Big Rat) renovates said properties. All you have to do then is sell the houses. Sorted, Two LFAs each and an LC-500 for the daily 'grind'

I can see it now £££££.......

Silver Springs- "A select development of 4 bedroom detached houses built by the renowned Big Rat Construction Company, finished to an exemplary standard. This exclusive development for Lexus drivers only was built on a former condemned site, now landscaped into some of the finest gardens in the South of England".....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

My neighbour has just taken delivery of a new Type R. Sounds nice but my word, looks like it's been through the Halfords accessory bin.. :whistling1:

Didn't know 12 year olds were allowed to drive on public roads, good car it looks absolutely hideous, even if you are 12 😂

Big Rat

1 hour ago, Mark G said:

Shame I missed it, never mind, Wales in a few weeks, car booked in for service and tyres the week before............woop ........woop.........

What did you go for Mark? I had the Conti Sport Contact 6 fitted on Saturday.

34 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

What did you go for Mark? I had the Conti Sport Contact 6 fitted on Saturday.

I have left it in the hands of Lexus Swindon, I had so much trouble trying to find a set I asked them to source any of the premium brands for me and they will fit them at the service.

19 hours ago, Flytvr said:

@Flytvr Won't leave time for much cake and coffee 🐀

• Like 1

19 hours ago, emjay82 said:

I can see it now £££££.......

Silver Springs- "A select development of 4 bedroom detached houses built by the renowned Big Rat Construction Company, finished to an exemplary standard. This exclusive development for Lexus drivers only was built on a former condemned site, now landscaped into some of the finest gardens in the South of England".....

@emjay82 Matey slight @Flytvr in the ointment there, nowadays they all want a large concrete circle with a capital H in the middle in the grounds, any ideas who I can suggest for there paraffin budgie servicing needs 😂

And as for all the companies dumping there asbestos waste in lanes around here I reckon @Mark G could be busy as well 😂

🐀

• Like 1

On 3/19/2017 at 1:32 PM, NemesisUK said:

Ricer paradise discount shop maybe...