Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have put down an order to replace my obsidian black IS Lux at the end of its lease with an azure blue NX F-Sport (plus Premium Nav).

It's something of a risk - I can't even find an image of an azure blue NX, and clearly the SUV is a somewhat bigger car. But I wanted a change while staying with the brand, so we will see!

Any advance thoughts on what to expect, particularly moving from IS to NX, more than welcome!

I have put down an order to replace my obsidian black IS Lux at the end of its lease with an azure blue NX F-Sport (plus Premium Nav).

It's something of a risk - I can't even find an image of an azure blue NX, and clearly the SUV is a somewhat bigger car. But I wanted a change while staying with the brand, so we will see!

Any advance thoughts on what to expect, particularly moving from IS to NX, more than welcome!

I went from IS300h F Sport

df6b0a2824a5440d098dfb9a151eec65.jpg

To NX 300h F Sport

02e6b45539cb9816d09c5b0bd6181f5a.jpg

Both with Premium Nav.

I did not regret making the switch for one moment, which is not to say the IS is a bad car, far from it, but IMO the NX is a move up in quality.

The ride height is obviously different, and a definite advantage particularly on motorway driving. The power tailgate is suddenly something you don't ever want to do without, and the alloys are much much safer than those on the IS!

The drivetrain is slightly more intrusive but only noticeable when pushing it, and that's not my style of driving anyway. I was concerned it might be underpowered as it's much heavier than the IS but has the same engine. Again, IMO not an issue and it is plenty fast enough.

I too wanted a change, and am sure you will be pleased. I'm afraid I have just, reluctantly left the brand and now have this:

61d282182a5b3079997e8010b622f8b2.jpg

The move from my IS 250 to the IS300h sold me on the hybrid concept, so the next logical step was all electric. I would have been over the moon had Lexus decided to enter the fray, but cutting edge isn't really their style. Maybe one day they will, but in the meantime this will have to do [emoji23]. And it does very very nicely indeed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw that elsewhere - not beyond the bounds of possibility I'll be following you exactly again when the moment comes (unless my mid-life crisis drives me towards an RC!)

That moment is four years away, mind - that's the lease! So let's hope you're right re no regrets (I'm positive you are) :)

Ian, if you are familiar with Ultra Blue, Azure Blue is a shade lighter. It does stand out... but not in the way Solar Flare stands out!

I think it is a bit different, but smart, and suits the NX nicely, in particular the F-Sport. What colour interior did you go for?

21 minutes ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

I saw that elsewhere - not beyond the bounds of possibility I'll be following you exactly again when the moment comes (unless my mid-life crisis drives me towards an RC!)

That moment is four years away, mind - that's the lease! So let's hope you're right re no regrets (I'm positive you are) :)

I also meant to say yes, it is a bit bigger but you soon get used to that. All I can say about the Tesla is that whatever you do, do not test drive one. If you enjoy the smooth, quiet electric aspect of the hybrid drivetrain you will be blown away by the all electric drivetrain and man maths takes on a new dimension :yahoo:

Daniel,

With some degree of doubt I just went for the black leather. I thought about the new black with red trim, but concluded in the end even that didn't go with the exterior. 

David,

Noted! Also Tesla hasn't been quick to roll out charging points across the island of Ireland (although regular charging points are common, so I don't think it would be much of a problem - as you know, it's just any doubt at all renders such a big purchase less likely!)

5 minutes ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

Daniel,

With some degree of doubt I just went for the black leather. I thought about the new black with red trim, but concluded in the end even that didn't go with the exterior. 

Good choice I think. Bright blue with the red leather may have been a bit too much.

• Like 1

Black is such a pain to keep clean. My RX is black - solid black. Looks very smart with the cream leather, but never for long. I also think that the NX suits lighter metallic colours. When I swap for an NX, I think I will go for Sonic (metallic) white with red interior. Or blue with black!

3 hours ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

I'll let you know what Blue looks like :)

Ive seen one already (only 1!) but yes, looked fine to me! 

Solar Flare though, a whole different story - needed to bleach my eyes after I saw that.

I am sure they had that Ultrasonic Blue in Guildford Lexus today. They had a photographer there taking a few snaps. They had a cool looking black one too, with black alloys, both looked stunning. 

Just to add, there's not much difference between Azure Blue and Ultra blue so its not worth getting bothered about

You'd only notice them if they're parked directly next to each other.

Heh heh - I was rather hoping there *is* a difference!

I really wanted the Sky Blue, although that was a little too bright. They did have an azure blue RC in the showroom at time of decision, so I'm not too alarmed. But actually the ultra blue is just a bit too purple in some lights for me, so I am looking for a bit of a difference... we'll find out soon enough :)

(I gather, then, that North American ultrasonic blue is *not* UK/Ireland ultra blue?)

6 hours ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

Heh heh - I was rather hoping there *is* a difference!

I really wanted the Sky Blue, although that was a little too bright. They did have an azure blue RC in the showroom at time of decision, so I'm not too alarmed. But actually the ultra blue is just a bit too purple in some lights for me, so I am looking for a bit of a difference... we'll find out soon enough :)

(I gather, then, that North American ultrasonic blue is *not* UK/Ireland ultra blue?)

Well, North American Ultrasonic Blue = UK/Ireland Ultra blue

North American Ultrasonic Blue 2.0 = UK/Ireland Azure blue

On 3/15/2017 at 9:20 AM, Ian J. Parsley said:

I've had three 3rd generation IS saloons - a 300h Executive, a V6 250 F-Sport and most recently an IS200t Sport. Compared to the IS I think an NX is more comfortable, more refined, quieter and a genuinely nice place to be. All of my IS saloons felt a little bit brittle on the road with every single slight ripple felt and I wanted a bit more comfort. An IS is a much more sporty drive though and stays pretty flat through the corners when pushing on. An NX is pretty good considering it's an SUV but it rolls a little more although grip levels seem to be pretty high. Different cars. Have you had an SUV before?