Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have done a search that comes up blank. Has anyone converted a GS450H to LPG successfully?

I do understand the problem with the direct injection injector possibly overheating, but wondered if this problem has been overcome.

John. 

The GS450H has duel injection 3.5ltr chain driven cam engine with port injection and direct injection. This gives an output of 292 or 296 HP depending on the literature your reading. It is not clear or at leased I cannot find details of the system used in the RX400H that I believe but am probably wrong uses a belt driven cam engine of 3.3ltrs, and without the dual injection.

John

• 9 months later...
On 15/03/2017 at 6:50 PM, Britprius said:

The GS450H has duel injection 3.5ltr chain driven cam engine with port injection and direct injection.

I'm going to get a reputation for bumping old threads LOL. I've not done too badly though, since joining up I've been slowly reading backwards through the GS300/G250/GS430/GS450H/GS460 section and I've only bumped a couple of threads :smile:

Again I'm bumping this thread so that it has a definitive answer on it.

The problem with the GS450H is not that it has Direct Injection, there are LPG systems out there tailor made for Direct Injection. The problem is that it has both port injection as well as direct injection.

Currently there is no off the shelf solution that caters for this setup.

We still need to wait some time to let the LPG Industry bed in the new Direct Injection solutions. In the meantime I'll be getting to know these engines inside and out, especially the injection systems on them.