Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all. My new LS400 has no working radio. When I bought the car the aerial didn't operate so I put it down to this. 

Upon investigation this afternoon it seems the aerial was disconnected for some reason as once I plugged the connecter back in and switched on the stereo it popped out smoothly and fully. 

However I now only get static on all frequency's. It's finding nothing. Any ideas on the issue or possible fix?

Thanks again everyone for your help!

Matt :-)

I would check to see if the aerial cable is plugged in at the aerial end first as this is easier, it's possible the aerial has been repaired but the plug has not been refitted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

I would check to see if the aerial cable is plugged in at the aerial end first as this is easier, it's possible the aerial has been repaired but the plug has not been refitted.

Yes all of the wires and cables are connected to the mast. :-( 

To remove the centre console (which the ariel is plugged into at the back) Use a flat ended screwdriver taped up at the end or a plastic tool that is designed for this task

Remove the veneer covering the gear change and holding the ashtray ,gently prise up from the side near to the cup holders on each side,it will pop out as you pull up from that end to the console.

Prise out the central air vents which encompass the hazard warning switch.

You will have now exposed the top and bottom screws that hold in the centre console.

Remove these and gently lift out the console,take care it is heavy .

You can now access the plug.

To test weather you have a working radio just make up a wire and plug it into the radio if you get nothing at all you have a duff radio.

2 hours ago, ambermarine said:

To remove the centre console (which the ariel is plugged into at the back) Use a flat ended screwdriver taped up at the end or a plastic tool that is designed for this task

Remove the veneer covering the gear change and holding the ashtray ,gently prise up from the side near to the cup holders on each side,it will pop out as you pull up from that end to the console.

Prise out the central air vents which encompass the hazard warning switch.

You will have now exposed the top and bottom screws that hold in the centre console.

Remove these and gently lift out the console,take care it is heavy .

You can now access the plug.

To test weather you have a working radio just make up a wire and plug it into the radio if you get nothing at all you have a duff radio.

Thanks! I'll give that a go this weekend. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all. Just thought I'd wrap this up. I took the radio out this afternoon and it was indeed just an unplugged aerial plug! I've now plugged in the electric aerial and now this goes up and down and I have perfect radio reception :-) nice cheap fix. Cost me 20 minutes!  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Well worth being a member of the club then!

Most definitely. It's been an enormous source of info and advice. I'd be lost without it!