Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to Lexus

rz1c13

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of buying/looking for a well maintained second hand LS 430. I thought it might help to register in the forum a bit ahead to get some advice/opinions.

For starters I'm browsing eBay and autotrader, and recently found this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201611149754220?model=LS 430&sort=price-asc&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=co11yn&make=LEXUS&radius=1501&page=1

It has a decent MOT history and FSH so might be worth having a look

https://cazana.com/uk/car/DA04BTY

Called the trader, asked a ton of questions, the last question being - "Would it be possible to lift the car on a ramp, so I could examine myself the suspension, floor, seals, etc..."

I got shocked by his rather arrogant answer - " NO, I am not going to put my car on a ramp, it is what it is for its age and price, and you'd better go to a main dealer and spend a 60k+..."

At best it's a needless and unprofessional comment that lit up all the warning lights in my head, at worst the car might be a mine field he is hiding.

Anyway, hopefully one day I am going to get a decent 430, and enjoy it driving happily.

Regards

Rob

Amazing isn't it, you ask them a not unreasonable question and they go berserk. It wouldn't have bothered me I would have only been to pleased to show you the underneath.

Go here for a free MOT history in future.   https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

• Like 1

Even if you had a PhD in psychology would be difficult to understand reasons for such behaviour. It could be that the guy knows that sooner or later someone is going to buy, so why bother making an effort or answering difficult questions. Sadly, my experience tells me that better to be careful - no matter what, it is their duty to present the car, answer questions, and be customer friendly, and let me do all the checks and tests I wish. In the end, if they have nothing to hide it should make no difference to them. They are not in a position to tell me where I should go and what I should buy.

By the way, would there be a kind owner of an LS 430 from this forum who is not too far from Colchester, so that I could visit him/her to get an idea of how this car feels or should be like?

P.S.

Thanks for the MOT pointer.

• Like 1