Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

...Well I am for a few days.  I've sold my car to a very nice gent and it'll be on its way to Belfast shortly.  It'll be sad to see it go but I have to finally make the decision to be sensible!  I've loved owning it for just over a year and knowing that it's an exceptional car for its year I'm happy for it to go to someone who'll appreciate it.  Will I get another one day? Hmm, unlikely, but who knows!  I'll hang about on the LOC in case I can offer the odd pearl of wisdom.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

What mileage did you have on the car Phil?

It's on 121K and I sold it for 2K.  It really is an exceptional car with every scrap of main dealer history to date.  I would have loved to see it go to a LOC member because a car as good as mine is such a rare find, but it wasn't worth me becoming a gold member on the off chance. It was a very difficult decision to make but I do have a very nice high spec Volvo with only 45K on the clock which is a pleasure to drive, and supremely comfortable....just not an LS though!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

It's on 121K and I sold it for 2K.  It really is an exceptional car with every scrap of main dealer history to date.  I would have loved to see it go to a LOC member because a car as good as mine is such a rare find, but it wasn't worth me becoming a gold member on the off chance. It was a very difficult decision to make but I do have a very nice high spec Volvo with only 45K on the clock which is a pleasure to drive, and supremely comfortable....just not an LS though!

That chap came all the way from N. Ireland? He got a good one! Just had a super 150 mile trip to West Sussex in the LS400. Had foregotten how good this car is for longish journeys, even on winding roads, she handled well. 26.5 mpg overall for the trip, so very pleased. I think if I had to change - it might be a LS430 or an RX400h. You do get a bit spoilt with these cars. Only heard one person on the site who considered they bought a Lexus dog! Enjoy the Volvo!

I often drive mine through the country lanes from Queenborough ( Isle of Sheppey ) to Rye or thereabouts, never really touch a proper main road if I can help it or a Mway, dodging under or over the M2 and the M20  The dear old lady loves this running around, no idea what fuel consumption I achieve .......  just lots and lots of pleasure:wub:

Malc

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Malc said:

, no idea what fuel consumption I achieve .......  just lots and lots of pleasure:wub:

Malc

I only put in the fuel consumption out of interest of others on the forum, as it usually a topic of dicussion. To set the record straight, I have been using locally lately - 20 mpg!

£80 of petrol for 327 miles - that might make some people wince. If I take my LS400 on a long run, keep below 80 mph, and especially on a motorway - 30 mpg plus is usual. The key to getting good overall economy is ONLY take it if you are going over a 20 mile round trip. Hope that makes sense?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

That chap came all the way from N. Ireland? He got a good one! Just had a super 150 mile trip to West Sussex in the LS400. Had foregotten how good this car is for longish journeys, even on winding roads, she handled well. 26.5 mpg overall for the trip, so very pleased. I think if I had to change - it might be a LS430 or an RX400h. You do get a bit spoilt with these cars. Only heard one person on the site who considered they bought a Lexus dog! Enjoy the Volvo!

You should have called in for coffee!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

You are soooooooooo mean! He is regretting it already!

You're not wrong!  The thing is I'm moving out of my workshop after 26 years and building one at home so I can no longer leave a car parked at work.  Parking my wife's estate and mine and a Lexus at home is just too tight. However, never say never!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The-Acre said:

You're not wrong!  The thing is I'm moving out of my workshop after 26 years and building one at home so I can no longer leave a car parked at work.  Parking my wife's estate and mine and a Lexus at home is just too tight. However, never say never!!

I believe the term is "lexusraum"

Mine are all on the road...albeit with cctv now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisermark said:

sorry to hear you are lexusless! - please do pop in on the forum.

I thought a member on hear wanted first refusal?

But as you know I'm not allowed to even mention that I'm selling.  Nothing would have pleased me more.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

But as you know I'm not allowed to even mention that I'm selling.  Nothing would have pleased me more.

You should have become a Gold Member you could sell to your hearts content.

• Like 1

There is nothing stopping any LOC member to sell their car to another member you just have to be a Gold Member.

Would Autotrader, eBay or any of the other selling sites let you advertise for nothing?

Im on at least 3 other forums and none charge. Why dont you say that youve got to be have left a certain amount of meaningful posts to be able to advertise. Someone like acre ( sorry i dont know your name ) has helped numerous people with advice and knowledge.  It wouldn't hurt to let him advertise would it. All that will happen is as the older ones of us sell up or keel over younger people will resort to social media. Its not happened yet as lexus isnt a young persons brand choice

John, when we all joined the LOC we agreed to abide by the T&Cs which includes the rules about selling. What other forums charge or dont charge is up to them, you can always advertise your car there.  By the way the name is Mike as on my Avatar.

8 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

Im only voicing an opinion mike.

I actually have paid to join 2 of the forums and not because you need to if you want to advertise. 

John I have the right to reply and as you have actually admitted to paying to join two forums and not even to advertise rather negates your argument.

The only thing I would say is that my original post was simply to announce my departure from Lexus ownership.  I made no mention of where it was advertised or how much, but my post was removed.  I'm aware of the rules which is why I didn't give any details, I just thought some LS owners may have been vaguely interested.   Anyway, no point in this as I have a buyer (assuming he actually gets around to paying the agreed deposit!)

Well he just paid so let the bereavement begin!!!

Interesting that he said there are only 3 LS430's in NI.

• Like 3

No what it proves mike is that at almost £40 myself and obviously other people consider its not worth paying even to advertise a car.

To remove a regular and in my opinion valued member of a forums post when hes not even mentioned his car being up for sale is just ridiculous. 

I also paid to join as i agreed with their rules.We've obviously got differing opinions on this so i dont feel this conversation is going anywhere. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links