Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 17/03/2017 at 9:28 AM, cruisermark said:

Very nice looking car - agree about silver colour - it does not date and vary easy to clean.

I have immense respect for the 450h and have always wanted one (still do just to experience the CVT) but coming from and LS430 and the problems with the 450h I have not taken the plunge. i,m thuning of waiting a couple of years and going for the 600H.

Enjoy the car

I had an LS600h here & my word what a car drop down TV for passengers wireless headphones, I had it here fore a bit of attention with its hybrid Battery - I couldn't do a thing with it as it is well complex, all the rear AC plant sits right on top of it together with the rear cinema stuff, i will try & find the pictures 

• Like 1

Great looking wheels Richard. I have not seen that colour GS before. Mind where I live you rarely see a Lexus possibly due to the fact there is no Lexus dealer anywhere near me.

John 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Lookin' good, what alloys are they? Are they the same offset as OEM?

They are Fox FX004 - I am not sure I like them myself - I am going to get my OEs refurbed this week coming after some small repairs - the chrome plastic inserts are a B to get out had to use heat & ruined 4 of them so looking for someone who has one stock wheel to sell!! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Britprius said:

Great looking wheels Richard. I have not seen that colour GS before. Mind where I live you rarely see a Lexus possibly due to the fact there is no Lexus dealer anywhere near me.

John 

Thanks John - one tries! I have done the calipers hammerite red too & put some Lexus Decals on them.

8 minutes ago, hybridbatterysolutions said:

Thanks John - one tries! I have done the calipers hammerite red too & put some Lexus Decals on them.

I noticed the calipers, and had thought about doing that myself. I thought perhaps silver for the calipers body, black for the flat decal area with silver or white decals.

Where did you get the decals from?

I see you have new discs as well.

John

• Like 1

Off the net somewhere John there are quite a few out there will look in the garage Tomoz see if i can find the envelope - busy day tomorrow got one in which is totally dead, nearly had it going this morning - open heart for that baby tomorrow!! Its not been running for nearly 3 months I believe - courtesy of a Lexus dealer! 

• Like 2

I'll be painting my calipers soon and will be using the decals to cover a dark paint, peeling off the decals and the clear coating. This should make them pretty robust. I'll be coating my calipers in silver.

There's a recent thread around here showing how they turned out using the same technique.

1 hour ago, Britprius said:

Best of luck.

I just did a search, and found some decals. Are these likely to come off with a pressure wash or do they stick on solid.

John

With direct close blasting they eventually will - they all do really - in my experience anyway

Richard 

55 minutes ago, olumite said:

@Britprius Info on the level of tint applied to the front passenger windows please. Looks very tidy.

I do not know what the level of tint is "if any" as this is as it was when I bought the car. The rear side windows are darker than the fronts although that does not really show in the pictures.

The pictures were taken shortly after a hand car wash, but the car has not been polished since last October when I waxed it ready for the winter. I will wax it again in the next few weeks ready for the summer. I think the bodywork had been reasonably well looked after, but servicing or at least service records were somewhat neglected.

After buying the car I changed all the fluids, and filters. The plugs had been changed, and as I said earlier the wheels had been totally refurbished including replacing the TPMS valves, and tyres.

Hopefully it will prove as reliable as my Prius was, but that is a big ask.

John.  

38 minutes ago, Britprius said:

I do not know what the level of tint is "if any" as this is as it was when I bought the car. The rear side windows are darker than the fronts although that does not really show in the pictures.

The pictures were taken shortly after a hand car wash, but the car has not been polished since last October when I waxed it ready for the winter. I will wax it again in the next few weeks ready for the summer. I think the bodywork had been reasonably well looked after, but servicing or at least service records were somewhat neglected.

After buying the car I changed all the fluids, and filters. The plugs had been changed, and as I said earlier the wheels had been totally refurbished including replacing the TPMS valves, and tyres.

Hopefully it will prove as reliable as my Prius was, but that is a big ask.

John.  

The reason I ask is that I've long considered getting  front passenger window tints. Even with the risk of being stopped by the police and being made to remove them.

The ones on yours are subtle, so have less chance of the plod wanting to test that 70% of light is being let through.

2 hours ago, olumite said:

The reason I ask is that I've long considered getting  front passenger window tints. Even with the risk of being stopped by the police and being made to remove them.

The ones on yours are subtle, so have less chance of the plod wanting to test that 70% of light is being let through.

When you are next driving along and there is perhaps a car waiting to come out of a side road or something similar you will almost certainly look at the driver to get some indication or recognition that he has seen you, if your windows are blacked out that much that you cannot see the driver and therefore you cant be sure if he has seen you or not, I think you can see why the Police enforce tinting windows so dark you cant be seen also your insurance co will almost certainly wash their hands of any claims. Its for your safety and also your friends and family who may well be in your car.

• Like 2