Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not sure if anyone's into this sort of thing but worth a look anyway. What do we think to the wheels on the American one?

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=171260

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=85332

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=360241

Happy reading!

Ben

• Like 2

I had mine detailed in December, including the clay bar, good results. Would like to go the whole hog and get the full paint correction but couldn't justify the spend and the car being out of action for a longer period.

If people are thinking of clay baring their cars now we're getting some warmer weather, I can highly recommend trying a clay mitt instead. Just went over mine the other week with one and wow, so much easier than using a clay bar. Basically a reusable wash mitt with a rubber coating one side. I've got the G3 one, plenty on eBbay around £10.

51 minutes ago, Toothy said:

If people are thinking of clay baring their cars now we're getting some warmer weather, I can highly recommend trying a clay mitt instead. Just went over mine the other week with one and wow, so much easier than using a clay bar. Basically a reusable wash mitt with a rubber coating one side. I've got the G3 one, plenty on eBbay around £10.

Sounds like a good product, I assume it still needs to be used with a lubricant spray, like a clay bar?

It can be yes. However it also works fine (maybe better) with soapy water.
I made sure i used plenty of shampoo. Work a section at a time and keep rinsing the contaminants off in the bucket. Had no marring or issues.

11 hours ago, Rusty Crobar said:

My car is at the detailer right now, hope it comes out like the American one!

Hey Russ

What about this place instead, looks like they let any old tat in as well , I see they've done some slight mods to yours as well as repainted it in a decent colour 😂IMG_0354.JPGIMG_2518.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 2

Want to get mine done, stone chips and small scuffs and a couple of fine scratches, can hardly see them on silver but I hate knowing they are there.

Getting some quotes in soon.

I'll get underneath it myself in summer with the "por 15". 

Also get all the cavities wax oiled soon.

When I'm too old my daughter will have a V8 classic.

2 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Wow, she looks great.

Are you pleased with the results?

Yes thanks. After 100k my paintwork is shot but the detailer did a good job. Basically I really need a respray but most people will think it looks about perfect now! Sadly I had to drive back in the rain so it may have lost a bit of shine by the time I get to the canock meet 😣

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Just picked her up 😊

2017-03-17 18.51.00.jpg

2017-03-17 18.55.52.jpg

2017-03-17 18.56.43.jpg

@Rusty Crobar

That looks great Matey, when black is prepped to that kind of standard, nothing but nothing looks better.

Its just the climate in this country 👹

Now if I lived in say Miami 🤓

Then I could be persuaded to forgo the Silver 😳

Big Rat

• Like 1

I got mine done as soon as I bought it.

Full detail and paint correction for £250....got rid of most virtually all the scratches but still have a few paint chips to sort. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links