Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Perhaps the time has come.

Mine is going into the dealer next Thursday, so will ask about it when I am there.

If it is brother in law had his Avensis done took one and a half hours.

I spoke to Lexus Edgeware Rd last year and they said its highly unlikely it will ever happen.... please do keep us updated, they may well have to eat their words

7 minutes ago, mk_lon said:

I spoke to Lexus Edgeware Rd last year and they said its highly unlikely it will ever happen.... please do keep us updated, they may well have to eat their words

That is strange .... obviously they said it "off record", because otherwise they would be up for nice lawsuit. They told me it will be around March...

55 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

That is strange .... obviously they said it "off record", because otherwise they would be up for nice lawsuit. They told me it will be around March...

I thought so too, worth mentioning that I spoke to a engineer 

2 hours ago, mk_lon said:

I thought so too, worth mentioning that I spoke to a engineer 

The group operations director has asked me to contact you, regarding some good news about you vehicle .

Asked to contact them and quote LEXUSGN for further information.        Thats what the letter says word for word.

..... about some "good news"... that your car has passenger airbag which might explode with shrapnel like fragmentation grenade... and that finally 5 years after it was discovered we finally came about to recall cars in niche markets like UK.

Uhhhh... Ohhh.. "thank you" - I don't see how recall is good news, they are simply doing what they must to cover their *****.... I mean mistakes. 

6 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

..... about some "good news"... that your car has passenger airbag which might explode with shrapnel like fragmentation grenade... and that finally 5 years after it was discovered we finally came about to recall cars in niche markets like UK.

Uhhhh... Ohhh.. "thank you" - I don't see how recall is good news, they are simply doing what they must to cover their *****.... I mean mistakes. 

What you say is true but its not exploded yet. Do you know of any that has? Its not only Lexus but lots fitted with these air bags.

If it was Vw group cars they would probably not admit to the fault. What i was surprised at was Toyota group cars been done before the upper market brand.

As its the same side air bag, i have not rung them yet may call them next week see what its all about. Might not be Airbag who knows.

7 minutes ago, Miłosz said:

Yep not exploded in your car, but exploded in others and made this

p41077.jpg

air-bag-lead-300x211.jpg

BMW replaced airbag in my old e46 without any problems.

Are they the same make air bag? Looks like the drivers on the bmw. As they are the passenger side you can turn them off if you wish.

So you would not have any shrapnel, and as it looks crash dependent how many Lexus have exploded? 

Takata made bad airbags for lexus for bmw and for others, its just for show what could be wrong with face when it will exploded. For me safety is very imprtant.

Actually, I have not received any letter, but received odd e-mail:

"According to our records your vehicle XXXXLEX is due for some routine work.

Please contact our Centre 02XXXXXXXXXX to arrange your appointment. 

Work Required (Please disregard this letter if the work has been recently carried out) 

•     Routine Service  "

Airbag recall is not routine service, but neither is my car due for annual service yet... 

I am sure you can book recall based on previous letter. You don't need new one to arrive, just say you have letter regarding recall and you want them to book you in, if they have parts they should do it ASAP.