Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New member from Staffordshire

lexusluva

Hey guys and girls, been a long time lurker so thought I would register finally. I'm Carl from Staffordshire and currently own an IS250 SR in slate grey. Great car I have had it around 20 months now and its never let me down.

I have owned 2 previous Lexus's before in the past one being a heavily modified 1995 LS400 and a 2006 IS220d but after a few different makes in between I came back to another Lexus and here she is just a quick pic that was taken a few months ago after a good clean. Only planned mod i want to do is painting the calipers and getting the rims refurbed due to a few kerb marks but that's it I reckon. Looking forward to getting to know you guys :winkiss:

IMG_20150722_212636642_zpsydttxaaw.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Carl, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing a great pic of your car.

Good to hear that you're a long time Lexus fan too, did the previous models serve you well?

Cheers, Lee

• Like 1

Hey Lee, Thanks for the warm welcome.

Unfortunately the LS400 ended up being scrapped due to the usual fault of the power steering pump failing and leaking over the alternator which damaged the electrics and was to expensive to repair for the cars value but the 220d was great.

• Like 1

Hey Rebecca, Thank you very much. I was originally after the pearl white but couldn't find one in good enough condition for my budget from a dealer so went with this but I must admit I would go grey again :yahoo:

Hi Carl and welcome to the LOC. We are a friendly bunch so please don’t hold back asking questions big or small should you have any problems with your car. We always welcome ideas on how to overcome problems with our cars but as they are the finest cars in the universe they don’t go wrong that often.

Happy Lexus Motoring.

Mike.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Welcome Carl :smile:

Nice looking car you got there.  To that end, care to share any more pics?

Also, what mods did you do to your LS400 then?

Thanks, I will have to dig out some more pics as that's all I can find at the minute :)

It was already done when I bought it but it was lowered by 50mm, had 18" alloys, limo tinted windows all round, cat back exhaust system which was really loud and annoying, black metal pressed plates, yellow tinted fog lights and a nice sound system with DVD head unit and rear headrest screens. I had a few pics on the computer but they seem to have gone, I will try and dig them out :yes:

24 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

We have a club meet tomorrow in Cannock if you are free, details are in the ISF forum.

I am at my Mrs brothers 40th party tomorrow so don't think I will be able to make it, shame really as I only live in Lichfield. What time is the meet is it in the morning?

Hi I'm just 5 mins down the road from you in cannock and I've seen you driving around on several occasions. Muckly corner, eastern avenue and the A5 near Brownhills to name a few.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, peachy said:

Hi I'm just 5 mins down the road from you in cannock and I've seen you driving around on several occasions. Muckly corner, eastern avenue and the A5 near Brownhills to name a few.

Hey, No way its a small world. Is yours the purple one with the 18" rims?