Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS Recall - rear wheel arches

Hi

Just had a letter through the post today to say that my 14 plate IS250 F-Sport was subject to a recall for a problem with underbody sealant around the rear wheel arches. Seems that some cars within a certain manufacturing range were not fully sealed or may not be fully sealed. I can't be more specific than this because I skimmed it quickly but binned it when I realised it was for a car I'd sold about 18 months ago. Should have read it more closely. Thought I'd post as I assume others may also receive a letter

Thanks Paul 

I became aware of this when searching for the VIN of my new (to me) 2013 Is300h F Sport on the Lexus Recall Check website.

I asked my dealer (Lexus Cardiff) and they advised the parts for them to carry out the recall with had yet to arrive. This was 8 weeks ago, and they've still yet to arrive when I asked last week.

Anyone else any experience? 

I checked the 14 plate IS300h F Sport before I test drove, and it said subject to voluntary recall.

Asked the dealer, they said of course any problems would be fixed before handing it over to us.

Hoping this means there shouldn't be any problems...

Do recalls happen alot?

If they haven't got the parts, they won't be able to fix it before you collect.

Recalls happen, I see it as a positive matter. A recall shows that a manufacturer is a responsible one. Lexus are doing this recall, on something that is not even a safety related matter.

3 hours ago, newtolexus2017 said:

I checked the 14 plate IS300h F Sport before I test drove, and it said subject to voluntary recall.

Asked the dealer, they said of course any problems would be fixed before handing it over to us.

Hoping this means there shouldn't be any problems...

Do recalls happen alot?

1st recall ever on the 3IS I believe so not many no