Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Having now finalised my sale (and causing forum disagreements) isn't it interesting that there are apparently only 3 LS430's in Northern Ireland?  More LS400's I'm told.

• Like 1

I think you're confusing Northern Ireland with the Republic, which has completely different taxation laws.  NI has the same rules (broadly) as the rest of the UK

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Glover said:

I think you're confusing Northern Ireland with the Republic, which has completely different taxation laws.  NI has the same rules (broadly) as the rest of the UK

D'oh!

1 hour ago, Glover said:

Correct!

2 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Having now finalised my sale (and causing forum disagreements) isn't it interesting that there are apparently only 3 LS430's in Northern Ireland?  More LS400's I'm told.

Have you not gone yet😉

Id like to think it was more of a constructive discussion myself

8 hours ago, Chasdad said:

Have you not gone yet😉

Id like to think it was more of a constructive discussion myself

I suppose it was....In a way.  

well, I surmise they either can't afford to run older Ls's or indeed, they have so much surplus discretionary spending power that they all buy brand new :yahoo:

Malc

16 hours ago, Malc said:

well, I surmise they either can't afford to run older Ls's or indeed, they have so much surplus discretionary spending power that they all buy brand new :yahoo:

Malc

I go for the latter as Ireland generally is very prosperous. Not before time considering how history shows our treatment of them.

N.Ireland is terrible for 2nd hand car selection, most punters from there go to England for a car purchase, or even to the South where bargains can be had for large cc petrols.

sad to see you go Phil,but you have to do whats best for you,i will be selling mine soon cause im moving ,and parking will be a bit more difficult,and i hardly use it now,and its a bit of a struggle getting out of it sometimes for me,wish you all the best,at least you did'nt go quietly,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigjap said:

sad to see you go Phil,but you have to do whats best for you,i will be selling mine soon cause im moving ,and parking will be a bit more difficult,and i hardly use it now,and its a bit of a struggle getting out of it sometimes for me,wish you all the best,at least you did'nt go quietly,

I did try to go quietly!  I'm going to hang around for a while I think.  If i do decide in the future to get another it'll be a facelift LS430, simply because I'm not keen on the look of any other model (all LS's excluded of course) When I've done all my moving etc and built my new workshop I'll decide then what to do.  However, should the person living near me with the late X reg MK4 ever decide to sell...Who knows!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

I did try to go quietly!  I'm going to hang around for a while I think.  If i do decide in the future to get another it'll be a facelift LS430, simply because I'm not keen on the look of any other model (all LS's excluded of course) When I've done all my moving etc and built my new workshop I'll decide then what to do.  However, should the person living near me with the late X reg MK4 ever decide to sell...Who knows!

Hope you've left him a note on his screen? Can work......

6 hours ago, bigjap said:

I hope you're a gold member 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chris Skelton said:

Hope you've left him a note on his screen? Can work......

Having sold my current car I don't think my wife would understand if I replaced it soonish, in fact walking with a limp may be on the menu if I did!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chris Skelton said:

"But, darling, it was SUCH a rare/one-off bargain....." etc.?

(And, why does a frying pan round the head make you limp? GO limp, maybe!)

Try lower down!!