Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not IS-F but look at this IS250 advert.

So the car is pretty much stock IS250 F-Sport with all standard factory equipment and no extras.... the only concern is that single lady owner (maybe blonde herself)...

Just now, Flytvr said:

I just spat my coffee out!!!!

And just in case you are not jesting, make sure you have unlimited minutes on your mobile call plan.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Texas said:

I am in the market for a 250 right now but this is out of my budget.

That is because this car is out of the budget for any 7 years old IS250, you can get 2014 IS300h for £1k extra. Not that I prefer IS300h over IS250, I am just saying this car is well too expensive. Point 2... maybe for some unreliable car it matters, but 30k for IS250 is nothing, even 80k is nothing, so why not to save £3k and get yourself same car with maybe 45k miles for £8-9k... it is beyond me. To summarise - this car is "average nice", but for the price it is non-seller no matter how much standard equipment seller lists.. thanks god she didn't start like "the car has 5 high tensile steel nuts holding each rim....."

• Like 1

Not to go too much off topic but how much is the total cost of driving a car in Uk ?

For me here in Finland
The Car : lexus IS -06 177,000km = 15,000€
Co2 Tax = 450€/ year
Insurance = 900€/year

No wonder Finland has the oldest cars on the road in the nordics

I would say similar except, 06 Lexus with such mileage would be probably like £2-3k

Tax is: £295 (495 is manual, but F-sports never had manuals)

Insurance ... well it depends: starts at £300... and goes up up to £10000-20000. Say if you are 17 and you just got license and you live in big city like London, Insurance companies either won't insure you or it will be something astronomical. IS250 maybe not good example, but once I tried get insurance for Toyota Supra when I was 22.. and it was £36000/year... When I told guy over the phone he is mad.. he was like "well if you don't want don't buy it... aka you know you have no choice".

I must admit it i surprisingly expensive in Finland.... So UK might not be that bad.. but there is other difference, you will pay everywhere in UK as car owners are not welcome.. plenty of all kinds of traps and you have your mailbox full of PCNs (that is short for fines). I just got one few weeks ago claiming I ignored "no-left turn sign" and they even attached the video showing me to turning right... yes right!

4 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Just looked on Autotrader. First car that popped up was this

I know which I'd prefer!

that why I said (after looking to the same car):

4 hours ago, Linas.P said:

even 80k is nothing, so why not to save £3k 

• Like 1

Personally, I would rather go with something like this:

https://www.arnoldclark.com/used-cars/ref/ARNAL-U-30223?utm_source=autotrader&utm_medium=autotrader&utm_campaign=autotrader

Incidentally, did the IS250 ever get the HDD navigation over the DVD based system?  If so, does anyone know which year?

• Like 1

Buying from someone like her would give you great confidence that what you buy is honest and trouble free, should you find you have a problem I would think she would sort it without any histrionics.  How much is that worth when buying a car? I have not seen another non garage type sales that is as good as this.

Why not to buy it directly form Lexus "used approved" for £2k less than this lady?

2 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Incidentally, did the IS250 ever get the HDD navigation over the DVD based system?  If so, does anyone know which year?

I believe it was second facelift 2011ish... 30GB hdd "like a boss"... anyway that didn't improve anything as HDD navigation is as useless as is DVD one and it cost the same to update maps. So to answer your question - yes they did, but it was meaningless update.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Why not to buy it directly form Lexus "used approved" for £2k less than this lady?

I believe it was second facelift 2011ish... 30GB hdd "like a boss"... anyway that didn't improve anything as HDD navigation is as useless as is DVD one and it cost the same to update maps. So to answer your question - yes they did, but it was meaningless update.

Thanks for the info Linas.  I wasn't aware there was a second facelift, I just knew about the 2009 one.

Didn't the HDD version add full postcode input?  That is the one thing that really annoying me about mine.

17 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Personally, I would rather go with something like this:

https://www.arnoldclark.com/used-cars/ref/ARNAL-U-30223?utm_source=autotrader&utm_medium=autotrader&utm_campaign=autotrader

I have been looking for a 250 for a while now and this one looks good But on pic 6 in this dealers ad can anyone shed any light onto what looks like water staining and/or water damage around the OSR door speaker? Is this a known problem on this model?

paul m.

7 hours ago, Texas said:

water damage around the OSR door speaker? Is this a known problem on this model?

Never heard of it before, so I guess not common.

18 hours ago, Shahpor said:

I wasn't aware there was a second facelift, I just knew about the 2009 one.

There were actually quite a few... One was 2009 with brought L-finesse rear lights, then in late 2010 there was SE-i... at which point I believe Full post code search was introduced, independent of HDD. HDD came in late 2011 and was "premium sat-nav" and not as just replacement to exiting Sat Nav or together with port code serach. And then there was 2012 update with LED DRLs. I know because I had it in my old 2012 F-sport which I got from new.

If you ask me if I am certain about that... not really... there was complete mash between 2009-2012. Overall, all updates came in period after 2009 and before 2012. So if you get 2012+ IS250 either SE-L or F-Sport with Sat-Nav then it is likely to have HDD, but if you get SE-i or Advance then it is unlikely, unless "premium navigation"(or maybe it was called business navigation) was fitted. Anyway, there were HDDs in IS250 mk2, but they hard to tell apart because they almost identical functionality wise.

The speaker cover was probably damaged by someone spilling a drink or something.

I'm pretty sure all F-Sports will have an HDD-based system as the trim level didn't exist before the facelift, and yes you can input a full postcode. My 2010 F-Sport had HDD, and so does my current car (2011, "2nd" facelift) but they aren't the same.

The earlier system was a £3K option and is referred to as a "Multimedia Pack" in Lexus terminology and also incorporated Mark Levinson hi-fi, DVD player etc. The nav option in the newer F-Sports is known as "Full Map" navigation and cost £2K, and the sat-nav/reverse camera is the only real features you got for the money - no ML upgrade, no DVD playback, nor the ability to rip your music CDs to the HDD (I could do this in my previous car). I believe this more basic "Full Map" variant is also the system that could be optioned on the SE-I and Advance.

Inidentally, the more basic nav system isn't the only cost-cutting that happened with the 2011 . Electrically-adjustable steering wheel, reverse-dipping, auto-fold mirrors, memory seats are all missing too. The ideal F-Sport for me would be a 2010 car with 2011 headlights and front bumper. :smile:

Thanks John.... you finally cleared it up. I was sure HDD was part of some extra pack ... "Multimedia Pack" that is.

This sounds like description of "Advance" trim:

1 hour ago, J Henderson said:

Inidentally, the more basic nav system isn't the only cost-cutting that happened with the 2011 . Electrically-adjustable steering wheel, reverse-dipping, auto-fold mirrors, memory seats are all missing too. The ideal F-Sport for me would be a 2010 car with 2011 headlights and front bumper. :smile: