Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello to you all......Due to my disabilities I Have difficulties bending.... Can anyone tell me if my 1995 LS400 has Wheel ( 10 hole wheel) studs or nuts................................Thanks

5 hours ago, royzels said:

Hello to you all......Due to my disabilities I Have difficulties bending.... Can anyone tell me if my 1995 LS400 has Wheel ( 10 hole wheel) studs or nuts................................Thanks

The main question has been answered, but having the same problem as you I bought a 12 volt impact wrench that plugs in the cigar lighter point. This saves all the struggle with nuts that are to tight put on in a workshop with an air wrench. It comes in a nice tidy carrying case, and means wheel changes are done without effort in minutes.

The same company does an electric scissor jack that works in the same fashion. This comes in larger carry box with the jack, wrench, and extension lead.

John.

the only time i attempted to use the scissor jack supplied with the car ( my Mk1 many years ago ) I could see it wilting under the weight of the car and promptly ceased that manoeuvre !         RAC for me every time, well, once since on my Mk2,        again many years ago now

Malc

4 hours ago, Malc said:

the only time i attempted to use the scissor jack supplied with the car ( my Mk1 many years ago ) I could see it wilting under the weight of the car and promptly ceased that manoeuvre !         RAC for me every time, well, once since on my Mk2,        again many years ago now

Malc

Never had a problem with the scissor jacks on Mk3 or current, and always felt safe when using it to change tyre or fiddling with windscreen wash sensor

Wonder if Mk1 had a different make of jack

hahaha,.......... reminds me late 60's seeing the very first of the Datsun's in the UK pulling up at the petrol pumps where I was an attendant ( anyone remember those days ? ) and me checking the oil dipstick and the bonnet strut bar thingy just bending under the weight of the bonnet !

They're much improved now with Nissan :yes:

Malc