Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rock bottom for an unmolested Lexus IS-F

Bottom out price for IS-F  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What price will be rock bottom for the IS-F?

• £15,000+
    • £10,000-£15000
    • £5,000-£10,000
    • Less than £5,000
  2. 2. When will they hit rock bottom?

• This year
    • In 3 years
    • In 5 years
    • In 7 years
    • More than 10 years
    • They'll just keep falling forever

I track and record IS-F prices every 24hrs. All automated - I'm not that sad to do it manually. Prices are currently still falling.

I know it is all crystal ball, but I'd love to see you views on what the future holds for the IS-F.

I've created a little poll for you all to complete :yes:  Base your prices on a clean unmolested IS-F.

• Like 1

What constitutes unmolested, does that mean no mods at all, nothing whatsoever, out of what 220 or so cars in total, what shall we say at least half would have something at some stage in there life, it adds pleasure for the owner but what about resale time.

If the mods are light then it's presumably if the original parts are kept not a problem to return the car back to as is.

I suppose all these things will effect future values. 

Gonna be difficult to get a real handle on this as to outsiders misunderstanding what the car is all about in the first place.

I know I prattle on about the IsF in Australia but many more were sold there huge numbers of them have been modded and the ones I see for sale country wide stay for sale for a long long time unless it's by word of mouth within there owners club forum.

Is it the car, is the lack of the C63 - M3 'Pedigree ' is it the mods and one often forgotten aspect unlike these two Lexus NEVER

brought out an IsF in the current shape, what does that say to people who may have considered one of ours to run for a year or two then trade up to the current shape, oops I can't there isn't one.

Its a difficult one especially I believe that last point.

Still love mine no matter what

Big Rat

Maybe the earlier, high mileage examples will hit low teens in a few years but I can't see them dropping into single figures. 

They have always been a rare beast but the exclusivity doesn't seem to be reflected in the falling values.

Maybe when the numbers on the road start dropping they will creep up as there are as many now as there was in 2013 when the last new ones were sold. 

Also, if all the manufacturers are going down the forced induction route, Lexus included with the new LC-F, naturally aspirated V8's will start to creep back up? 

I think the supply/demand is such that there's still going to be falling prices, not dramatic but still heading south. As much as I love the car I don't think it will start to increase in price before I decide to part with it. 

As others have said, they are not on peoples radar at the moment, I think this will continue for a number of years, I personally think they will drop below 10k but it will only take a couple of cars going through the right auction houses for people to notice what a bargain they have become, this, in my opinion will be the bottom of the depreciation curve, then they will start to rise, I am absolutely convinced they will become an all time classic.

I voted that in 5 years one will be able to pick-up IS-F for £5-10k. That is because being performance car even good examples will require more attention and because Government definitely going to find ways to punish motorists... they not wagging the war on industry or energy production emissions (70%+ of all CO2) as it doesn't improve public image.. they only interested transportation (14% CO2) and especially private drivers (2.4% CO2, of which only 0.3% petrol and hybrids) because that is softest target.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links