Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Now in 5th year of ownership of the Mk4 and sailed through MOT with no advisories (thank heavens after the money spent last year with control arms).  I gave her a nice 20 mile sprint down the M4 - rather than do the back roads home.

Had the Blueprint pads changed for Pagid and so far the brake vibration has gone.

Amazed that the Blueprints were still less than 50% worn after 40K - but they have been driving me nuts these last few months.

Also had the throttle Body cleaned and now morning starts are fine - before it was firing up and then dipping down to 100rpm (or less), and even stalled a few weeks back.  This makes me wonder if last years twice flooding the engine was not me (with heavy foot) but the throttle sticking.

One other comment, with the brakes sorted I have noticed the NEXEN N Blues do produce their own distinctive rumble, mind you after 10K miles they seem like less than a 3rd worn, which seems a little crazy given the rough surfaces I drive on every day on what the local authority calls a highway.  

Now need to find some cash to repair the keyed paint work, and the rear pillar dent (falling branch strike) and some time to spruce the leather work up.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Newbie1 said:

Always a relief, especially when it frees you up to do the other jobs.

Like the broken mountain bike my son has just presented me with after his trip to see a mate.

Still too dark  to have a good look and cannot be ars*d to sort out the bike shed right now, so it's off the the fridge for a beer!!

Mine just past too. The pads are probably original at 42,000 and have about 4-5mm on them. I am having them changed at F1 Autocentres which is a world away in service from Quick-fit. Surprisingly the manager said they pay more from Euro Car Parts for many parts than we get retail, because of delivery. Online is even better with the 25-30% usual discount. He said get the Pagid pads yourself and I am more than happy to fit them for 1+ hours labour, about £80. They are not in stock so have to wait 4-5 days for delivery at home. Total price for all FOUR wheels, just £57. Suggested an oil change at the same time it is up in the air. No problem he said, Shell top synthetic, plus Mann filter (not in stock = 4-5 days home delivery),  just £31 all in. Going to get the lot fitted next week, for 2 hours labour and have the wheels balanced at about £7 each. Great value, and very good service. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links