Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MOT time again, and a couple of pics after l completed a full detail.

:smile:06 GS300 passed MOT again with no advisories. The reliability of this car is outstanding, covered just under 90000 miles, just had a full service including replacing spark plugs, pollen filter and regassing the air con. Replaced all four tyres with Michelin super sports as was having the alloys refurbished, these tyres rearly suit the car and the grip in the corners is outstanding. 

20170305_195303.jpg

20170305_195439.jpg

20170305_195231.jpg

20170305_194706.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Hangie said:

Why have you replaced the spark plugs at 90k ?

The car has full Lexus history up to 70000 miles but couldn't see if the plugs had been changed. 

If I were you I would just take 1 or 2 out and check them - you would notice if they got 60k or 90k.

At 90 you would probably even got some misfires or oil level going up :)

Anyway enjoy the car!

14 minutes ago, Hangie said:

If I were you I would just take 1 or 2 out and check them - you would notice if they got 60k or 90k.

At 90 you would probably even got some misfires or oil level going up :)

Anyway enjoy the car!

The car is over ten years old and most at this age would have about 120 on them, I had them changed due to age of car and for just under £50 for the six of them it was worth it as plan on keeping it for a couple more years. 

£50 for whole 6 ? Where you have found them so cheap ? 

In UK normally retailers like to charge £20 per one, if you will search abroad you can found them at £12-13 but £8 area is something new.

I'm due to change mine soon too so if you got nice source you can share that would be nice to know.

19 minutes ago, Hangie said:

£50 for whole 6 ? Where you have found them so cheap ? 

In UK normally retailers like to charge £20 per one, if you will search abroad you can found them at £12-13 but £8 area is something new.

I'm due to change mine soon too so if you got nice source you can share that would be nice to know.

I got them of eBay last year. 

9 hours ago, Morgan1 said:

I got them of eBay last year. 

I'd be careful, I've heard of electrodes dropping off cheap Chinese plugs.

14 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

My main concern for not getting one was the boot space. I read they were small cos of the battery pack.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't just read about boot space, I'd go and have a look.

5 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

I'd be careful, I've heard of electrodes dropping off cheap Chinese plugs.

I wouldn't just read about boot space, I'd go and have a look.

The plugs are Bosch. 

2 hours ago, Ken.K said:

My main concern for not getting one was the boot space. I read they were small cos of the battery pack.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Boot space in the 300 and 430 are larger. No Battery.

10 minutes ago, Morgan1 said:

Boot space in the 300 and 430 are larger. No battery.

i was looking at the hybrid, will look at the above mentioned then cos i like that sloping shape and it will be a good replacment if i cannot get the A7. 

1 hour ago, olumite said:

I thought that the only option was to use NGK Iridium spark plugs.

How is performance with the Bosch plugs?

Sorry thay are NGk not Bosch. 

Denso is just manufacturer maybe fited in factory but as long other parameters like gap, temperature, material, thread etc are proper it will be fine. 

Either way cheapest iridium ngk I've seen were for £12 and uk official price is £20 so £8 sound too good. Unless they are second hand or not iridium.

1 hour ago, Hangie said:

Denso is just manufacturer maybe fited in factory but as long other parameters like gap, temperature, material, thread etc are proper it will be fine. 

Either way cheapest iridium ngk I've seen were for £12 and uk official price is £20 so £8 sound too good. Unless they are second hand or not iridium.

The plugs are ngk and genuine, they might have fallen off the back of a lorry, but at that price I wish I had brought more!!!