• Similar Content

• By igotthechronicbythetree
      Hi all,

I've been browsing the site for a little while and I'm currently looking at purchasing a 2010 Lexus IS250 F-Sport.

I've had mostly Honda's and have always liked Lexus but haven't been able to afford one.

I've had a good read of this thread - http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/108747-what-to-look-out-for-lexus-is250-2007-model-year/

Were any of these issues fixed in a later 2010 model that I'm looking at possibly? Or was it an exhaustive list for this model, regardless of the year?

The only other thing I'm factoring in is the alloy wheel refurbishment which seems inevitable and also the exhaust which would be replaced by a Tanabe exhaust I think as the standard replacement is so expensive.

Any other advice apart from what I've read in that thread?

The car I'm looking at buying has full Lexus History and has under 50k mileage. I would look to carry on the Lexus servicing as it appears as though they have fixed price servicing.

Thanks,
    • By Liso
      Hi.. I have a 2002 Lexus IS200 Auto, I am having a transmission problem. At first I thought it was caused by my ABS sensor, my ABS light on and TRC OFF  flicking, which when diagnosed it was front right side. After replacing that sensor the transmission was working fine for two days but started doing its thing again. The car will just refuse to change from 1or 2 untill it redlines, if it does change to another gear it will be just for a second or so and back down. Some days it will drive smooth for two hours or so and if you going slow there is a slight jerk as if the car is changing up and down.
    • By jamesm182
      The time has come to sell my lovely IS250 SE-L that I have owned for almost four years. Only selling due to purchasing an NX.
      The IS250 SE-L Multimedia Auto is widely regarded as the best spec for the 2nd gen IS, and I'm sure most regulars to the forum will know the spec, but just in case:
      - Full leather, electric, memory, heated, cooled seats
      - Electric/memory steering wheel adjustment
      - Sat nav, Bluetooth, Mark Levinson 14 speaker surround sound & DVD player
      - Front and rear sensors plus reverse camera 
      - Electric rear blind
      - Xenon lights, LED rear lights
      - Powerfold electric and memory wing mirrors
      - Auto dimming rear view mirror and wing mirrors
      - Cruise control
      - Dual zone climate control
      - Smart/keyless entry and start
      - Auto lights and wipers
      There's probably more that I've forgotten to be honest - it has pretty much everything!
      The car has covered just over 66,000 miles and has a full service history - all but 1 being from the Lexus main dealer. It was last serviced at Lexus Poole in March, which was the major service including the spark plugs that need changing at 60k. The MOT is valid until 29th September 2018, also last completed at Lexus Poole so has had a recent Lexus health check and all clear. In fact it has been in again recently to have the airbag recall done so that's all sorted now too. I am the 4th keeper of the car and have owned it almost 4 years. The first keeper was Lexus Poole as it was originally their demo car. I have the fully stamped service book, all manuals/books and a stack of invoices to go with car, along with it's two remote keys.
      The car has also had a recent new alternator and water pump (fitted at Lexus Poole), recent new tyres all round, and recent front discs and pads. During my first year of ownership (when it was under Lexus warranty) it also had a new rear caliper, two new rear shocks, and 2 new Xenon bulbs, so it's had most of the common issues sorted.
      It drives beautifully and I have kept the car in very good condition. If you would like any more information on the car, more photos or would like to come and view it, please send me a PM and I will give you my mobile number. The car is located in Poole, Dorset and I'm looking for £5,995 ONO.

• By 88isf
      Just bought a 2010 isf, forgot to try the heater on but car run fine with no overheat issue at all,a.c. blow super cold,I check the coolant n it was really low add some super long life coolant let the car on with the blower max out still no heat,I'm out of idea😣,anyone here have any clue what it is?thanks
    • By Blucky
      I have a 1999 Toyota Altezza 1GFE, which recently has had the engine light come on after driving it for a few minutes. Every time i restart the car it goes away but comes on again after a few minutes.
      I have done the paperclip diagnosis on the ODB1 port, but all it does is make the engine light, ABS light and the ECT light flash continuously.
      Does anyone know what it might be?

Cheers,