Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nearly a year already

Can't believe that's nearly a year since picking up the isf. Unfortunately it means service,  mot, tax and insurance are all due the same month lol.  

Main thing is that I still can't think of another car I'd rather have at the moment. Every drive still feels like a big event and I love the fact nobody seems to know what it is as a newish Audi S4 found out the hard way the other week :-)

So I was inspired by the detailing thread to spend some time with the Claybar, Autglym super resin polish and a coat of R222 wax to get her ready for the decent weather. Takes ages but satisfying all the same. The amount of crap the clay bar finds always amazes me.

DSC_0160.JPG

DSC_0159.JPG

DSC_0163.JPG

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

What a well organised garage you have !

The car's not bad either :thumbup:

lol thanks, thats just the tidy bits of the garage.

8 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

Had you thought of paying for your insurance on  a monthly basis. It always seem less painless to me.

Yeah and the same with the road tax as well but i really grudge giving them the interest.

58 minutes ago, mike m said:

Can't believe that's nearly a year since picking up the isf. Unfortunately it means service,  mot, tax and insurance are all due the same month lol.  

Main thing is that I still can't think of another car I'd rather have at the moment. Every drive still feels like a big event and I love the fact nobody seems to know what it is as a newish Audi S4 found out the hard way the other week :-)

So I was inspired by the detailing thread to spend some time with the Claybar, Autglym super resin polish and a coat of R222 wax to get her ready for the decent weather. Takes ages but satisfying all the same. The amount of crap the clay bar finds always amazes me.

Great job @mike m your car looks fantastic. Perfectly put.... "every drive feels like a big event" 👍 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mattmech said:

Car looks great, as you say, hard work but more than worth it to see the results.

Aye, ive been a few hours yesterday and today sorting it out. It was the paint feeling like sandpaper that got be started.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farqui said:

Wow your car looks great :thumbup:

I REALLY like the colour and it makes a pleasant change amongst all the common Silver IS-F's :whistling:

@Farqui

Carfull now fella this a my mean face 😂IMG_2550.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 2

That's an amazing job Mike. I'd be kidding myself if I say that I'll have a go at doing something similar within the next couple months...I'd just either get bored, do a bad job, go to the pub instead or be asked to change nappies...lol!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farqui said:

Wow your car looks great :thumbup:

I REALLY like the colour and it makes a pleasant change amongst all the common Silver IS-F's :whistling:

At last.............

Stunning job, looks really good, the blue ones are the fastest as well............................:biggrin::yes:

@Flytvr and @Big Rat and a couple of other friends will be along shortly...........................

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mike m said:

DSC_0160.JPG

DSC_0159.JPG

DSC_0163.JPG

@mike m Very impressive matey, just got home could not see properly on the phone on the big screen it's blazin !

Big Rat

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mark G said:

At last.............

Stunning job, looks really good, the blue ones are the fastest as well............................:biggrin::yes:

@Flytvr and @Big Rat and a couple of other friends will be along shortly...........................

Silvers a hell of a lot better at not looking dirty :biggrin:

• Like 2

Link to the wax i'm using.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/r222-carnauba-wax/prod_357.html

It seems to get good reviews but the finish doesn't last that long. I'll probably try something else once its finished but there's hundreds of different makes out there.

35 minutes ago, Mark G said:

At last.............

Yeh, I love the blue and BLACK leather combination @Mark G :whistling1:

38 minutes ago, mike m said:

Cheers Big Rat. I didn't dare take it out the garage to get pics, sleet, rain, wind lol.

I can fully understand that my poor girl lives outside wind - shine - rain being near the coast these as well sky rats 🙄

Big Rat

IMG_2551.JPG

• Like 2