Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice on a buy of IS 300h

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703153316446?model=IS 300H&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=price-asc&postcode=ln12ep&make=LEXUS&radius=1500&page=1

Hello ALL!!!

After having a Lexus GS430 about 6 years ago I am thinking of getting IS 300h. I saw one at the above link and am stunned how cheap it is compared to some other minding this one's state and all extras that it seem to have (M Levinson is a MUST for me XD). I have one question though. It has 112k on the clock - not even having a first MOT. Newer dials - fancy moving ones... I have called a dealer and an unhelpful man answered saying that this is one company owner car with full Lexus SH. Please advice me if I should be afraid of a mileage as I have heard that hybrid system is guaranteed only up to 75k mileage and batteries up to 100k? So in case of anything happening  I am in deep you know what.

A bit reassuring fact is that car seems to be like new and looks well cared for. Other thing is that I currently have prius 07 reg with 160k miles and still complete trust in it's reliability as it never broke down on me for 2 years.

Compared to Lexus Lincoln this would be a huge bargain for me with the  specs I am after. Saving at least 4-5k on what I can get from a dealer.

I am considering a GS300h to get really feeling posh :-) but with budget up to 15k I am forced to look for a similar deal with bigger mileage bargain - yet same thing - afraid of batteries & hybrid system life span.

Please help me make up mi mind. (I really want Lexus but if it is not a good choice considering mileage I would go with 2012 Prius - but really want not to - just want a good looking car for a change)

Thanks,

Martin, Lincoln

Looks fine to me.

Wheel are refurbs so check those out - make sure no bubbling. Also tints are aftermarket, make sure there aren't any cuts/burns near the door sills etc.

112k should be OK. Lexus do an extended warranty for cars under 10 years and 140k miles where you can pay for 2 years cover for a fee and they'll keep covering the car regardless of mileage.

I'd agree, looks ok in pics and description. Number plates show as Lexus Leicester car, guess it has been traded to them and bumped on to these guys due to mileage.

Has Premium Nav, ML but no leather or AVS. I wouldn't be put off by mileage. Mine goes back next week with 73k on the clock, other IS owners here have more, no issues with mine, still drives and sounds looks as per the day it arrived.

Is AVS very important? I like comfort ever so more when ageing... There are heated seats - that's enough for me. Thanks for spotting alloys - had no clue they  are refurbished... And I'll ask Martin from Lexus Lincoln about ext warranty if I buy car outside of dealership...

Thank You very much guys!

The Fsport definitely has a firmer ride due to tyres and suspension. Only a drive will allow you to judge.

AVS does make a difference, subtle as it may be, but it is a rare option so finding one 2nd hand would be hard.

Personally I don't think the ride is bad, but only you can decide.

• Like 1

Thanks. I will have a test drive soon so I'll see. I sat in one already and it seems bigger than bmw 3 series which is good but GS seems to be much better space wise... Only this boot without folding seats puts me away from GS in case of Ikea run.....

12 hours ago, Steve44 said:

The Fsport definitely has a firmer ride due to tyres and suspension. Only a drive will allow you to judge.

AVS does make a difference, subtle as it may be, but it is a rare option so finding one 2nd hand would be hard.

Personally I don't think the ride is bad, but only you can decide.

Interestingly I haven't found the F sport to be firm, but then ive only had it a week and new to lexus. 

How can you tell if a car has AVS?

1 hour ago, newtolexus2017 said:

Interestingly I haven't found the F sport to be firm, but then ive only had it a week and new to lexus. 

How can you tell if a car has AVS?

The only real giveaway is that cars with AVS have 4 modes, Eco, Normal, Sport and Sport +. You will see this written above the drive mode select knob

• Like 1

As above plus under the bonnet, the tops of the suspension turrets have black plastic raised devices on the top with wires connected to the wiring loom.

some people find it firm, some don't. Personal preference but there is a difference compared to both a Lux model on 17's or a Premier on 18's.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links