Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

If this is not a bargain then what is ........

1 hour ago, MLW said:

It is very nice, and looks good, but that is a lot of miles, probably too many for me.

185k a lot? That is just run in for that engine :smile:

If my 400 gave up tonight (only 174K) I would be looking at this, seems like a bargain.

Only thing I would want to know is when running gear replacements were, as from my experience this sort of mileage is when they are likely to need sorting if still on original parts.

But I trust my 400 is going to be working okay for a while especially as I am due to be driving to Brecon for 4am Saturday morning to climb to the top of Pen Y Fan to see the sunrise (some college project my son is doing).

So,Pete? Start the climb about 1 a.m. then? we's not getting any younger!

Take several torches and check the phone(s!!) are charged and tell someone local you're climbing.......

It's going to be chilly!

• Like 1

On 23/03/2017 at 4:27 PM, Chris Skelton said:

So,Pete? Start the climb about 1 a.m. then? we's not getting any younger!

Take several torches and check the phone(s!!) are charged and tell someone local you're climbing.......

It's going to be chilly!

Job done, started climbing at 4:30, got to top at 5:50. wind was around 40+mph a fair bit of ice and snow near summit, brilliant sunrise.  Photo of my son taking photos for college project wrapped up like an Eskimo.  

My camera does not do the scene any justice.  Bought new head torches for trip, well worth doing, and about 10 other people were up there to see it.

I managed to keep up with my son on the climb up, but my knees ached all day Sunday, but determined not to let getting close to 60 get in the way of some darned fine views to be had around the UK.

DSC_6944.JPG

DSC_6935.JPG

• Like 2

............. amazing views, reminds me of some I took similarly trekking in the Himalaya but about 30 years ago !

Well done to you, brilliant piccys

Malc

• Like 1

You do the climbing; we'll just look at the pictures!

Just open the window here to get a bit of atmospheric wind......

P.S. Eskimoes don't wear PINK hats!

Edited by Chris Skelton
Obselete sexism?
  • Like 1

Looks nice. I'd be happy with mine staying that good in 100K miles time. Even has part of the door handle cap missing on offside rear - just like mine :). Thanks to a member here I've got a replacement cap turning up for cost price of around 10 quid + postage. Lexus UK would only sell the whole handle for around £250!