Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New IS250 Owner Cardiff

Tyre Tread

Just joined the forum after buying a 2007 IS250 SE-L with 58K on the clock.

The last couple of cars were a Jag XF S a Skoda Superb Estate Elegance. The Lexus really stacks up well against them considering its age and I'm very pleased so far.

There are the usual squeaks from the dash which I'm trying some temp solutions on but other than that the car seems really nice.

Red with a biscuit interior that barely looks like its been sat in. 

Sadly no multimedia pack but not a great loss.

I trawled the ads for 3 months before buying this one.

It looks like a very active forum and I'm already finding some great information so thanks to those who have already contributed and I hope I may be able to add to the pool of knowldge over time.

• Like 2

Hi Guys, Thanks for the welcome.

No plans fr any mods at the moment. This is my daily but I also have a couple of toys: A 1970 Rover P5B and a 2000 TVR Chimaera so those are the cars that are pampered and garaged. 

I bought the Lexus as I wanted something comfortable, reliable and reasonably nimble.

I have bought a set of overmats to go over the Lexus mats if that counts? The carpets and mats are beige so get dirty easily especially in wet and windy Wales. 

Get some black hard foam material and cut it into chunks and push it down between windscreen and dash as far as it will go. Experiment first by having someone drive the car and when it's making the noise stick your fingers into the same gap to work out where you need to stick the foam. Experiment with different sizes to get it right so you can't see them once pushed in. You don't need that much material but it has to be sat above the hooks that the dash sits on. Make sure you have some tweezers to pull them back out whilst working on the size and placement of them. I used fairly dense rigid foam with some give in it and I guess it was about 12mm thick. I had to experiment with different types beforehand before I found the right stuff. Worked a treat in the end

• Like 1

Hello and a warm welcome to the lexus forum. 

Happy to hear your very pleased with your lexus is250 so far.

It's a lovely car and I'm absolutely delighted with mine and I'm sure you'll enjoy happy and trouble free motoring for years to come 😀

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links