Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, I've been looking at changin the ATF on the LS400. It's a dark red colour and I don't think it's been done in a while. I've seen this on ebayLook at this on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302160783661

it claims to be oem spec. It's a lot cheaper than genuine Toyota fluid. 

Any thoughts? 

I can see that it is a claim to be of the Toyota spec but that is highly unlikely as it is not made for Toyota and they will be the the only people with the spec requirements.

It is after all your car and if you feel safe using a non designated product there is nothing stopping you but personally I would stick with the OEM product, not a claim to be.

• Like 2

Matt

Have you tried Pinkstones?  I've just bought 20L of red coolant from them for £36 (single container)

Also, same with the oil filter, washer, air and pollen filters.  they should be no more than £53 at pinkstones (and similar price delivered by Lexus Birmingham)

10 minutes ago, lockeyboy said:

Matt

Have you tried Pinkstones?  I've just bought 20L of red coolant from them for £36 (single container)

Also, same with the oil filter, washer, air and pollen filters.  they should be no more than £53 at pinkstones (and similar price delivered by Lexus Birmingham)

I haven't no. Was that online or did you call them?

I called first, then went in to collect. 

Remember to ask for a discount (i think they use cash account/taxi account on the invoices)  I'd not checked on ATF this year for the 98LS, I bought mine from Opie Oils last year for the 97 LS.  But then after speaking to a local garage, I'd just put it to one side (if it's not broken etc etc)

I bought the coolant last year from them (in 5L and 1L containers), but got a free one from Pinkstones Lexus over the road, it was just lying around, and they gave it to me!.  Again worth a call to them, Gary is in the parts department, they are normally ok.

I am happy to use OEM parts from anyone reputable, but on this very special part, i.e. the gearbox, I would only go for Lexus/Toyota fluid. The tragedy is that in the USA they pay peanuts for this genuine stuff.

I had my filter changed and four litres of this product added must be three thousand miles ago and notice no difference to the gearbox. Mannol 3309 as spec on this item.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-4x1-Liter-MANNOL-ATF-Multivehicle-Ol-Automatik-Getriebeol-/271969995417?hash=item3f52acca99:g:PGEAAOSwol5Ywoma

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links