Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

300h Sport

My car has finally been taken in for an issue with the sat nav screen not dimming at night and Lexus Bradford have loaned me a 300h Sport.

Car has just 14m on the clock and whilst a 2017 registration it is not the facelifted model i don't think?  

Comparisons with my F-Sport;

Media center - rotary control on this one (mouse on the F-sport)  I am quite used the mouse on my car now and the interface on the new car is slightly different (graphics look better) but the rotary controller is fine.

Wheels - divide opinion - they stand out well in black against the red (not sure if i like the red though!)

Interior - (p)leather and cloth but contrasting colours which is nice 

Missing tech;

Cooling seats - no

Reversing camera - no

LFA instrument cluster - no

Suspension - feels less crashy over bad surfaces but is definitely softer in the corners with a little more roll - not sure which i prefer yet...

Mudguards - my car being white it shows the dirt quickly and with the wheels on the IS nicely filling the arches this results in much grime accumulating around the front and rear wheelarches.  I note that this Sport model has mudguards fitted - i think they look ok and would serve a purpose - any opinions??

300sport.jpg

300sport1.jpg

I have mud flaps (as part of the Protection Pack) fitted to my RC300h. Quite unobtrusive IMHO. They do a great job of keeping the flanks and rear end clear of crud in all but the worst of weathers. Certainly keeps the car clear of general road muck. 

day-exterior-13_3T5_LC54.jpg

day-exterior-18_3T5_LC54.jpg

• Like 1

I like the look of them on both cars.  My car came with the protection pack, however for a 65 plate it didn't include the mudflaps unfortunately.

I have asked Lexus to price them up for me though, i will put the price up on here when i find out 

2 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

I have mud flaps (as part of the Protection Pack) fitted to my RC300h. Quite unobtrusive IMHO. They do a great job of keeping the flanks and rear end clear of crud in all but the worst of weathers. Certainly keeps the car clear of general road muck. 

day-exterior-13_3T5_LC54.jpg

day-exterior-18_3T5_LC54.jpg

I would kill for that rear valance, chrome tips and those vent thingys on my is300h f Sport.

Hate that they hid the exhausts and will be trying to come up with something soon enough without looking too boy racer!

Btw there are mudflaps on eBay but not sure how good a fit they are.

They look similar to OE anyway.

Not a fan of that colour on the Sport!

I recently saw it on an F-Sport and thought it suited it much better. 

Still hate the mud flaps though - Id rather wash my car more often than stick those on!

I think the mud flaps can look OK on certain colours. They look fine on that Sport since it has lots of other contrasting bits of black trim etc for them to blend in with. On the other hand, I seen a white facelift model in the dealers recently that had them fitted and they stood out like a sore thumb.

5 hours ago, Smithy2 said:

I like the look of them on both cars.  My car came with the protection pack, however for a 65 plate it didn't include the mudflaps unfortunately.

I have asked Lexus to price them up for me though, i will put the price up on here when i find out 

Mudflaps are around the £95 mark supplied but not fitted. Fitting is a doddle, takes about half an hour.

Black looks pretty good as well :whistling:..Celestial Black that is..gorgeous in full sunlight.

Before I got my 'sport'..albeit the IS200t ..(more sportier than the 300h :wink3:) my local dealer was selling one in the same red, with the black wheels and wing mirrors. Alarmingly the thing had a black rear spoiler fitted...made the whole thing look naff. Red and Black is fine on a Citroen C1 but not a blooody Lexus.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links