Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation Update - 2007 Rx400h

Does anyone know if an updated DVD map is available after 2015 - I just tried to enter two different addresses in Norwich and the nav system says they don't exist - yet the streets have been there for years. I can't enter the post code (it says that doesn't exist) and the coordinates are about 60 miles off (one set says its in Woodbridge). 

I'd hate to have to buy another Garmin - but at least that worked 

Cheers

David

Personally I gave up on built in sat nav a few cars back. With the way new estates and roads are being built anything that isn't internet enabled is going to be out of date within months.

I have a windscreen mount for my Iphone, run a charging cable from the floor 12v socket to just above the air vent on the drivers side and use apple maps to guide me to my destination when necessary. I also have a smart watch which means I can turn off the annoying voice prompts and have the watch buzz my wrist when I need to make a turn leaving me able to listen to music uninterrupted. Having the phone in view also means I can screen my incoming calls safely. The only interaction I have with the phone itself while driving is to set it up at the start and if i answer a call I have to touch the screen to return to the map.

If you make trips to places where you don;t have internet connectivity then this may not be a solution but it's never let me down.

Worth a thought maybe.

I have used Google Maps on my phone when I couldn't use the built-in - but in this case it wasn't new construction causing the issue. The address I needed was at least 100 years old. A properly updated map DVD would be all I need but now Lexus only issues them on a USB stick which doesn't work with my system.

I am contemplating getting the latest USB and see if I can burn a DVD from it - I have all the software I need for that, depending on the USB format. Anyone know if it is in an ISO format?