Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I ordered a set of mats from a well respected eBay seller for my RX450h Luxury March 2013.  They were £40 delivered and I was very pleased with the quality when they arrived.  I have a full set of black genuine Lexus mats in the vehicle, but I'll preserve these for when I sell the car in a few years time.  I vacuumed the car ready for the new mats.  Close inspection revealed round hole fasteners in the mats for hook fasteners when my car has oval rotating clips !  I contacted the seller and he said "no problem" and immediately supplied oval receptors.  I swapped these fasteners and thought I was home and dry.......but no !!

The fasteners in the mats are at 300mm centres but the oval clips on the car floor are at 285mm centres, so they don't line up !!  Furthermore, the oval receptors subsequently supplied are too thick anyway for the Lexus clip tp protrude sufficiently to rotate.  Hope you're following all of this ?  Pics to follow.

Advised supplier and he said he'd contact Lexus for info.  This wasn't forthcoming, so he said he couldn't help me further and I could keep the mats as spares, he refunded me in full !

Two points:  Can anyone advise me where I may purchase a set of grey mats to fit my vehicle, but not at Lexus prices ?

If anyone can genuinely use these mats in their vehicle (I think RX450h pre 2012) then PM me and you can have them for postage costs.  I do expect to see said vehicle in your Avatar :biggrin:

DSC01145.JPG

DSC01147.JPG

DSC01148.JPG

Might be an odd question but are your seats grey? Just wondering why you wanted grey mats!

Also, I think the clips just screw out 

So - if you wanted to not waste perfectly good mats, you could just screw the left one out and attach it further towards the left :)

No, my seats are black leather.  I wanted to lighten the interior of the car and the headlining is grey.  So I wanted black seats "sandwiched" by grey above and below.  The trim on the mats I chose to go with the exterior colour of Garnet Red.

Read my post Rayaan, the fixings in the floor are the wrong distance apart and the supplied receptors are not compatible with the clips in my floor.  I don't wish to molest the interior fittings in my car, the supplier of these mats assured me that they were compatible.  They aren't and he refunded in full !

I'm still looking for a supplier of mats other than Lexus.  The ones I have are still available to a member here if they will fit.

48 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

No, my seats are black leather.  I wanted to lighten the interior of the car and the headlining is grey.  So I wanted black seats "sandwiched" by grey above and below.  The trim on the mats I chose to go with the exterior colour of Garnet Red.

Read my post Rayaan, the fixings in the floor are the wrong distance apart and the supplied receptors are not compatible with the clips in my floor.  I don't wish to molest the interior fittings in my car, the supplier of these mats assured me that they were compatible.  They aren't and he refunded in full !

I'm still looking for a supplier of mats other than Lexus.  The ones I have are still available to a member here if they will fit.

Right, yes, I was getting confused. So you've swapped the fasteners he supplied and it still doesn't work because the distance between them is wrong!

Its unlikely you'll find a supplier - I checked a while back and its hard to find anyone who does mats for post 2012 RX's and the earlier models have a different type of fitting. 

2 minutes ago, rayaans said:

So you've swapped the fasteners he supplied and it still doesn't work because the distance between them is wrong!

Correct.   I think the 2012 and earlier vehicles have the correct spacing and hook type fastener.  I've drawn a blank looking for alternative suppliers to Lexus that will fit mine.

Lexus were "unresponsive" when my supplier asked for info......hardly surprising really !

21 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

Correct.   I think the 2012 and earlier vehicles have the correct spacing and hook type fastener.  I've drawn a blank looking for alternative suppliers to Lexus that will fit mine.

Lexus were "unresponsive" when my supplier asked for info......hardly surprising really !

I believe Lexus Birmingham is the place to go for accessories - Jo might get you a decent price for them.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, steveledzep said:

Blimey......can't even give them away !!!

Atleast you can use the rear one for when someone with dirty shoes comes along! 

Definitely Lexus Birmingham.  I got rubber mats (I know you want carpet but this is just to illustrate) plus rear boot liner and bumper protector for less than another main dealer quoted for mats alone (and that apparently was a 'trade' price).