Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth auto connect to paired device

Anyone else have an issue with auto connecting with paired devices. My wife and I both use the car - if my wife last used the car it will not connect when I'm in the car alone and the wife's phone is well out of range. I've had the same issue with two IS300h both 2015 Exec models. Both phones are Iphone (5 & 6) with the latest updates

My Vauxhall works flawlessly, it remembers the last connection, if that's not present it locks on to one that is, with the IS I have to go in and reconnect manually.. any idea?

• Like 1

i know this doesn't help you but its an issue we have with Bluetooth with the brand

we have a 13 plate auris hybrid and that car forgets the pairing so we have to re-pair the phone every 2 weeks or so

toyota says the phones not compatible.

Thanks for the reply and info. It seems the Iphones are supported (not even Lexus Infotainment can be that poor!) but not all features are available which is fair enough.

It's odd that it works that way, as it's happened in both IS's that I've had I thought it must be the phone and was about to wipe and reinstall. If others are saying its the same then I'll have to live with it. I thought I worked initially but seems to have stopped. 

Really odd, seems to have started working again. I actually tuned off the Bluetooth on one of the handsets and the other connected no problem. I'm thinking that maybe the car is still connecting to one phone in the house and when it gets out of range the car doesn't hunt for another connection. 

Thanks but thats not the issue, it's when the last connected device is out of range it should automatically connect to another  paired device but it doesn't reliably, seems to do it when it wants to. 

i thought pairing only took place during the first few minutes on being turned on,

the other week i forgot to turn on Bluetooth on my phone i realised about 3 minutes

after i left work so at the next set of red lights i had to turn off the ignition and then back

on to allow the pairing to take place

13 hours ago, 200h said:

i thought pairing only took place during the first few minutes on being turned on,

the other week i forgot to turn on bluetooth on my phone i realised about 3 minutes

after i left work so at the next set of red lights i had to turn off the ignition and then back

on to allow the pairing to take place

Yep, this seems to be the case, or you can go into the menu system and do it manually.