Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally, a mechanical issue!

My dash lit up like a Christmas tree yesterday while on the motorway. Traction control was disabled, check VSC & CEL were on and I was understandably worried! 

There is a lot of info from lexus owners about the vsc light but nothing relating to the isf. Apparently it covers a range of issues from loose fuel cap to broken ecu's 😯. It seems like most issues aren't actually related to the engine or the traction control system!

Got the car to my friendly mechanic for a diagnostic and it turns out it's the oxygen sensors for the cats. There was no voltage going to either of them so he suspects it's a broken wire rather than the sensors themselves. Going back on Wednesday to get it fixed. 

Not really a suprise as the bottom of the car was rubbing on the track so much 😳

This is purely down to how low and soft my coilovers are,  shouldn't put anyone else of track days 🖒

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rusty Crobar said:

My dash lit up like a Christmas tree yesterday while on the motorway. Traction control was disabled, check VSC & CEL were on and I was understandably worried! 

There is a lot of info from lexus owners about the vsc light but nothing relating to the isf. Apparently it covers a range of issues from loose fuel cap to broken ecu's 😯. It seems like most issues aren't actually related to the engine or the traction control system!

Got the car to my friendly mechanic for a diagnostic and it turns out it's the oxygen sensors for the cats. There was no voltage going to either of them so he suspects it's a broken wire rather than the sensors themselves. Going back on Wednesday to get it fixed. 

Not really a suprise as the bottom of the car was rubbing on the track so much 😳

This is purely down to how low and soft my coilovers are,  shouldn't put anyone else of track days 🖒

Glad it's looking like a quick fix but must have been concerning at the time. 😌 

Yeah, all those lights can come at quite a shock. A result if your mechanic has a quick and easy solution. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Hope it gets sorted soon.

I was up at Kemble today. When I pulled up, I thought you were there!

IMAG0366.jpg

@Flytvr Davi that could not have been @Rusty Crobar Russ as what you would have seen as the driver walked off is this, as a result of his recent racetrack out, now he says on here a mate of his a mechanic is going to sort his grounded bottom for him, personally I think he needs a doctor, just my opinion of course 😂

IMG_2558.thumb.JPG.92e4d822f9aa37db02e2f513bcb96121.JPG

• Like 1

Glad its an easy fix, but strictly speaking Russell its not mechanical, therefore we are still waiting:wink3: and @Big Rat do you have a catalogue of pictures you just pull from a database, actually don't answer that......................:wink3:

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Glad its an easy fix, but strictly speaking Russell its not mechanical, therefore we are still waiting:wink3: and @Big Rat do you have a catalogue of pictures you just pull from a database, actually don't answer that......................:wink3:

@Mark G Funny you should say that, it's a pick of one of the guys on site, when we were riding in wheel barrows down a scaffold board ski ramp, all within health and safety regs of course 😂

Big Rat

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Agreed, in my household there are electrical, mechanical and 'ruined by my modification' faults.  

99% of brilliant cars i have owned have been ruined by going to far playing with them.

Not saying that's what you have done.....😀

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

Agreed, in my household there are electrical, mechanical and 'ruined by my modification' faults.  

99% of brilliant cars i have owned have been ruined by going to far playing with them.

Not saying that's what you have done.....😀

@Rusty Crobar, is your car modified at all?

:whistling:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

@Mark G I know, but it could have been! At least it's given us something to talk about other than colour choice! 😁

@Rusty Crobar

Yeah that's right Russ you tell that @Flytvr as I've got plenty more tales about building site sore bottoms 😂

Big Rat

2 hours ago, Rusty Crobar said:

@Mark G I know, but it could have been! At least it's given us something to talk about other than colour choice! 😁

Very true, shall we all break something this weekend, ready for some fresh topics on Monday 😁 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rusty Crobar said:

My driver's seat used squeak. But Lexus Bristol 'fixed it'. By making it click instead. Then they 'fixed' the new click with a louder click. Only happens when I drive round (any) corners. Does this count as a mechanical issue?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

My driver's seat used squeak. But Lexus Bristol 'fixed it'. By making it click instead. Then they 'fixed' the new click with a louder click. Only happens when I drive round (any) corners. Does this count as a mechanical issue?

Don't know if it's the same type of squeak and click that I had, but I found the bolts that held my driver's seat in had worked slightly loose and gave a squeak or a click at every corner. You remove the plastic cover on the front and rear end of the seat rails, and there is a bolt at each end. Mine didn't have any thread lock on them. I tightened these up with some thread lock and the problem went away...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

Yes start a thread 😁.  @Big Rat might volunteer to break his engine and we can follow his journey trying to fix it. I'm happy to break my rear floor mats 😁 and you can follow. Great content for Monday! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrfunex said:

Don't know if it's the same type of squeak and click that I had, but I found the bolts that held my driver's seat in had worked slightly loose and gave a squeak or a click at every corner. You remove the plastic cover on the front and rear end of the seat rails, and there is a bolt at each end. Mine didn't have any thread lock on them. I tightened these up with some thread lock and the problem went away...

Thanks Stuart ( @mrfunex) - appreciate that.

I'll be taking it to another dealership to see if they can fix it. If not, I'll be taking your advice :)

1 hour ago, emjay82 said:

Yes start a thread 😁.  @Big Rat might volunteer to break his engine and we can follow his journey trying to fix it. I'm happy to break my rear floor mats 😁 and you can follow. Great content for Monday! 

@emjay82 you know sometimes you should be careful what you wish for as I did break mine but I'm not bothered because I found this blue one up the road with a lower mileage owned by some block called @Mark G so guess what I did along with a few other bits 😂

Big Spanner man Rat

IMG_2561.thumb.JPG.619f622c195bb707970b1f8ff1d47069.JPG

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 you know sometimes you should be careful what you wish for as I did break mine but I'm not bothered because I found this blue one up the road with a lower mileage owned by some block called @Mark G so guess what I did along with a few other bits 😂

Big Spanner man Rat

IMG_2561.thumb.JPG.619f622c195bb707970b1f8ff1d47069.JPG

😁 That will keep you busy. I thought @Mark G was just going to the dealership for a service and new tyres, he can't have be happy when he collected the keys.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

😁 That will keep you busy. I thought @Mark G was just going to the dealership for a service and new tyres, he can't have be happy when he collected the keys.

@emjay82 Nah he won't mind a bit, he only losses it when he can't have coffee and cake🤗

🐀

• Like 1

So, back on topic ( @Big Rat 😂)...

The O2 sensors are actually in the car, under the centre console so no chance of them being damaged. Mr mechanic checked the fuse which was fine, and when he put it back in the problem was fixed! 

Can't believe you lot wasting money on warrantys, these cars are Rusty proof 😂

Back to more boring drivel and arguing about how good the RCF is then... 😉

• Like 4