Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus owner

So have just got me a is200 sport 2003 model will have some pictures up soon enough when collected if I decided on buying.  Kinda upgrade from me go Kart of a car of a so called saxo vts. Had bigger cars like me Lexus in past. So am looking for some solid advise on what to check over when going to pick this up any serious areas to look at and check for wear tear rust rot damage etc? what are most common areas for this and what are most common faults for them?

Cars had a handful of previous owners but plenty of work carried out for service and maintained parts like disc pads etc nothing big on paper from what I can see. Has had sound system changed and upgraded the one in it I am no doubtfully going to be putting a digital touch screen one into it and maybe look at adding in some sat nav too. How are these cars when coming to changing and doing?

Also going to be looking at the following. Change of interior and stripping out adding in new. Have done various cars in past. Any sections to give caution to when stripping down and re doing interior? With all the electrical seats and heated are these simple to change out for bucket seats? Steering wheel to be taken out and custom one fitted. Will this need 1 ohm resistor adding into it to stop light from coming on fir airbag on dash?

Recommendations for ECU for standard system that can then be upgraded to be used in conjunction with turbo or supercharger kit?

Looking to eventually get turbo or supercharged at some point. What I would like to do is get everything else tuned up to get some good gains and then add in the more expensive parts after so going reverse order getting all parts upgraded ready to drop in turbo/supercharger. 

Any recommendations as to good places stocking good quality products at a fair price and give good results in power and torque gains. Am looking to hit into 300BPH area and getting max Gaines NA that can be future used when turbo or supercharger comes along.

Looking forward to the future of me Lexus adventure.

15 hours ago, steveledzep said:

You won't have a Lexus when you've done all that !

???? Dont get ya why wont I have a Lexus by then after doing it all Guess ill have a tractor or something then huh?