Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Top Gear

Bluesman

Well TG has been back on our TVs for several weeks and I haven't seen a single comment on the new format?

Is the silence indicative of how poor viewers think of the show and that they dont think its even worth the effort to put their thoughts on the interweb?

Haven't watched TG since it stopped being about cars and more about three buffoons trying to entertain Sun readers using cars as their props.  I looked once since the demise of the buffoons, only difference is absence of previous buffoons.

I was all prepared not to like the new show. However, it's growing on me. The jokes/banter is getting better and more relaxed so doesn't seem so scripted as it did with Mr Evans. Plus there's none of his shouting so that's got to be a win :)

Its better since clarkson killed it. Old format was about the old 3 bigging thenselves up. New format is more about the cars and it seems to be getting better. Personally i think evans should have been given more of a run yes he shouted a bit but needed to settle in. 

• Like 1

way I see it as a win win we still got top gear and now we also have the grand tour whats not to like . Must admit Matt looks much more at home now Chris has gone. Both programs need a little tweek to get the formats right but I do see 2 great programs in the future good luck to them both

• Like 2

I like it, I didn't watch more than a couple of episodes of the previous season,  I just can't listen to Chris Evans shouting, 

matt Leblanc is super cool, and whilst it still feels very awkward at times, the cinematography is superb, I'm not sure why they're not reviewing the lc500 though?

Im also enjoying it.

Much better than with Chris Evans and seems more about cars than messing around

Comparisons with the old top gear and the grand tour will always be there - GT is ****** me off though, especially with that celebrity brain crash - doesn't make sense to keep doing it over and over again as its become too predictable

I have enjoyed this series so far. I think Chris Evans should have been given more time. The interactions between the presenters is getting better and seems more natural. Chris Harris needs to tone it down a little. I hope they will develop the show and not try to copy Clarkson et al but develop their own style. I agree the camera work is stunning.

• Like 1

It's grown on me. I will continue to watch it. It is still a bit daft at times, but if it was too serious I think the viewing numbers would drop, so I suppose it has to stay much the same as it has done in recent years. 

• 2 weeks later...

Growing on me every week. Didn't care much for the first series but still watched it. Second series much better. Still re-running the Gran Tour too, having watched all episodes when they came out each Friday. Liking TG though and there is room in my life for both

I am finding the guest spot impossible to watch so record now and wind through that section. I just wish they would stop giving them scripts that were written for the previous threesome as they just dont work. I hope they end it and look for a completely different format.

12 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

I am finding the guest spot impossible to watch so record now and wind through that section. I just wish they would stop giving them scripts that were written for the previous threesome as they just dont work. I hope they end it and look for a completely different format.

I agree with you it is dated and needs a re-think.

• Like 1

On 12 April 2017 at 8:01 PM, Bluesman said:

Yes. The guest spot is the worse part, agreed

33 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Yes. The guest spot is the worse part, agreed

This week it seemed shorter with ross noble on. They cut it down I think.

Have to say that the agricultural machines are getting slightly annoying now though as it takes a good chunk of time up.

I think they need more races - cars vs boats and stuff. 

I've said it before......they need a female presenter to mix it up a bit.

I don't just mean token, someone like Vicki Butler Henderson.......little bit of implied boy vrs girl etc.....I think would go well.

Other than that I think it's pretty much toast in its current line up & format.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

10 hours ago, rayaans said:

This week it seemed shorter with ross noble on. They cut it down I think.

Have to say that the agricultural machines are getting slightly annoying now though as it takes a good chunk of time up.

I think they need more races - cars vs boats and stuff. 

Haven't see Sunday's episode yet

Listening to two guys chatting this morning whilst having new tyres fitted.  One was thumbing through a car mag and asking his mate why TG can't be more like the mag, discussing and testing cars that the average driver buys instead of those that the wealthy can afford.  I couldn't agree more, that's the way it used to be, and that's what I found interesting. Plus the odd act of lunacy thrown in of course!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Listening to two guys chatting this morning whilst having new tyres fitted.  One was thumbing through a car mag and asking his mate why TG can't be more like the mag, discussing and testing cars that the average driver buys instead of those that the wealthy can afford.  I couldn't agree more, that's the way it used to be, and that's what I found interesting. Plus the odd act of lunacy thrown in of course!

I've been away, so just watched four episodes on catch up, and find it far better without the three amazon amigos, and of course shouty Evans.

Personally, I think Leblanc makes it, the rest could come and go without most people caring, though I'd swap Sabine for Harris to improve things.

I also agree with Phils' post above, supercars are ok, but unattainable for most, so less interesting, to me, than something I might actually buy, though I realise that many take an opposite view.

I think they need to be careful about becoming too formulaic though, as that becomes tedious very quickly, as proven by previous series.

For me, very watchable, but not "must see".

• Like 1