Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mark Levinson radio

paulchap

Hi guys my Radio in my 2001 SC430 stopped working yesterday, the screen is blank and I cannot hear anything from the speakers, there is power to the radio as the weird goes up and down and the cd's eject and load, I can see a backlight on the screen but the LED display is missing, any suggestion please 

thanks Paul c

Hi Bob I'm assuming not...(no sound from the speakers) I may be assuming too much but I don't think it has the power to send the remote signal to the amp if it has no display.

Hi Paul.

The CD changer and the radio form two halves of the unit.

I suspect it's a fault with the unit itself or a connection to it. Check the radio fuses first and if they are okay remove the radio unit and check the connections at the back. It's quite easy to do, there are a few good tutorials around.

If it all looks good, where you go from there depends on how comfortable you are with testing car electrics and taking the panels apart, etc. Faults with the head unit and the amplifier do occur so there is quite a lot of information on line explaining what can be done. 

If it can be established that the fuses, connections and the amplifier are all okay, the quick and least expensive solution is likely to be to replace the head unit with a known good one from a breakers but start with the fuses and connections.

Guys thanks the CD`s will play i can hear them very faint coming from unit not speakers, Neil

have had unit out all looks good, but i am no electrical guy, been in touch with breakers yards they want £600, will hold off on that one do you know it the radio has a separate fuse inside the unit,  the other two are good checked them

thanks

paul c   

Hi Paul £600 is far too much.

I haven't taken the SC430 head unit apart but I've opened up other similar Fujitsu 10 units, IS200, LS430 etc and I doubt there's a fuse you can replace. if the external wiring and the connectors look okay it might be worth asking SVT Services in Edinburgh if they can help. They are able to fix ML amp issues.

support@svtservices.co.uk

Trying to find us? Check out our Find Us page

Or call us on 0131 553 2126

Thanks again Neil i have been in touch with SVT they want £295 just to look at it and repair if possible, getting close to importing one from Eastern Europe

thanks again

paul c

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links