Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Project isF

3 hours ago, Mark6pot said:

It's no where near as loud as a exhaust job but from drivers seat it sounds good. I'll try to get some sound later when home from work.

That would be excellent 👍 

2 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

@Big Rat did Lexus say it would void the whole warranty or just that particular area, for example, if you used non oem brake pads, the whole braking system wouldn't be covered...

@emjay82 They brought my attention to, and it was an attention getter to engine/ drive train to be specific.

Not worth messing with I'd say.

🐀

7 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 They brought my attention to, and it was an attention getter to engine/ drive train to be specific.

Not worth messing with I'd say.

🐀

Wouldn't jeopardise the warranty but surely upgraded brake discs, for example, wouldn't invalidate the warranty in event of a gear box failure 😓 

28 minutes ago, Mark6pot said:

You can't hear it that loud through phone in the low rev range. 

Only proper fix is a exhaust swap or straight pipe.

Sound Only lasts 3 minutes.

20170327_191435.mp4

20170327_191637.mp4

Edited by Mark6pot
Incorrect post
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Wouldn't jeopardise the warranty but surely upgraded brake discs, for example, wouldn't invalidate the warranty in event of a gear box failure 😓 

@emjay82 From a personal standpoint coupled with having a healthy mistrust of insurance/warranty companies I've never been prepared to give them even the slightest get out clause as a result of something I've done.

The components on these cars are very expensive and to void the cover just because I want to modify something is a non runner for me, if I've still got her when she's no longer warrantable that's a completely different matter.

Big Rat

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 From a personal standpoint coupled with having a healthy mistrust of insurance/warranty companies I've never been prepared to give them even the slightest get out clause as a result of something I've done.

The components on these cars are very expensive and to void the cover just because I want to modify something is a non runner for me, if I've still got her when she's no longer warrantable that's a completely different matter.

Big Rat

Totally agree, that's primarily what's stopped me tinkering with my car. Car is 100% stock now, lip removed, larger tyre sizes switched back to oem, however, the attractive £££ ECP brembo brake pads aren't technically oem, surely they would give a little leeway in the event of a claim, but as you say, want to give them as little as possible to pick on. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Totally agree, that's primarily what's stopped me tinkering with my car. Car is 100% stock now, lip removed, larger tyre sizes switched back to oem, however, the attractive £££ ECP Brembo brake pads aren't technically oem, surely they would give a little leeway in the event of a claim, but as you say, want to give them as little as possible to pick on. 

I wouldn't worry about pads myself 👍

🐀

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 8:20 PM, emjay82 said:

Totally agree, that's primarily what's stopped me tinkering with my car. Car is 100% stock now, lip removed, larger tyre sizes switched back to oem, however, the attractive £££ ECP Brembo brake pads aren't technically oem, surely they would give a little leeway in the event of a claim, but as you say, want to give them as little as possible to pick on. 

Can't believe you would doubt the Admiral...

• Like 1

Just now, Rusty Crobar said:

Can't believe you would doubt the Admiral...

I like the Admiral, but they did charge me for the larger tyre sizes 😁. A member on here advised me some time ago to disclose all mods. What can I say, I'm risk averse...... Please tell the Admiral not to take it personally, he is a real Admiral right? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, emjay82 said:

I like the Admiral, but they did charge me for the larger tyre sizes 😁. A member on here advised me some time ago to disclose all mods. What can I say, I'm risk averse...... Please tell the Admiral not to take it personally, he is a real Admiral right? 

@emjay82  Nope matey he is a 'REAR 'Admiral like most sailors 😂

🐀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jgtcracer said:

As a 10yr submariner, i take offence to bring called a rear admiral! Lol

Know what you mean after years in the infantry I got used to be called a thick hole digger 😂

🐀

I once spent 36 hours cooped up with a submariner, a marine and an infantryman in a snow hole on the Cairngorms. I reckon that had we been there for 36 days we still would not have exhausted their collection of filthy and hilarious stories

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MNMJ said:

I once spent 36 hours cooped up with a submariner, a marine and an infantryman in a snow hole on the Cairngorms. I reckon that had we been there for 36 days we still would not have exhausted their collection of filthy and hilarious stories

Sounds like the intro to a joke..... Notice no mention of RAF guys turning up either, probably just booked a hotel or were too busy young up their sun tans

• Like 1

@Jgtcracer @Mark6pot @MNMJ The thick hole diggers came from instance of a difference between Light Infantry and the posh Wooden top toy soldiers the Coldstream guards, after the 'altercation '

We sneaked into there officers mess in the early hours of the morning and dug a very neat trench right across the front of the bar area and left behind a selection of presents.

Purely in the interests of inter regimental rivalry of course 🤓

3LI forever 😂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Sounds like the intro to a joke..... Notice no mention of RAF guys turning up either, probably just booked a hotel or were too busy young up their sun tans

I can confirm the RAF spent 20 minutes above the snowline, then went back to Aviemore for tea and medals.

And this is the correct tool for hole digging...

Image result for combat engineer tractor digging

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links