Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After months of truly miserable weather that ALWAYS seemed to coincide with my days off, I finally got the weekend I'd been craving. So I gave my car the first proper clean its had since its been in my ownership. Not a full detail, but I'll hopefully get a chance to do the stuff next week that I didn't have time for today.

Products used were mostly old favourites that have been in my kit for a while, but new to me was Autoglym's new flagship Ultra High Definition shampoo. Like their other HD products, its quite pricey but with the current Halfords offer plus LOC discount, it cost me £12-odd for a bottle which isn't too bad because it's really good and well worth the money IMO. Anyway, as my aching limbs will attest, I spent about 6hrs in total washing, claying, polishing & waxing. The fact I was doing everything in direct sunlight made the job more time-consuming and harder work than it should've been, but I don't care. The end result was very satisfying.

20170326_161849.thumb.jpg.5d91ad3e23ce3835bde9544a9057c1c6.jpg

Products used;

Powermaxed Traffic Film Remover

Bilt-Hamber Auto Foam

Autoglym HD Shampoo

Farecia G3 clay Mitt

Autoglym Glass Polish (outside)

Autoglym Fast Glass (inside)

Autoglym Rapid Detailer (door shuts, wheels)

Meguiars Endurance tyre gel

Autoglym Super Resin Polish

Soft99 Fusso Coat (Dark)

• Like 4

Very nice

Hope you're not using that TFR very often - was initially designed to be used on trucks to remove the crud and comes with a set of problems. Its potent stuff and will also degrade the Fusso so go easy on it.