Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2014 onwards facelift

gokhan

Hi guys

Long time member , been away from Lexus for a while due to economy and my IS200 becoming too expensive

Glad to report that I should be picking up a ct200 2014 face lift model soon

if I can get some help that would be great.

first this car is the S spec so no cruise control or parking sensors ,so how possible and oem is it to get these fitted , ? Also rough costs ?

i know it was possible from reading but worried the facelift has meant this is no longer possible  ?

secondly I'm buying the car from a indepeaant dealer and when I did a hpi it came up as stocking finance , dealer says I'll get clearing letter but I'm quite worried about paying 11k+ for a car which owes finance.

i won't ask for tips on what to look out for as this seems to be covered , hoping to post pics soon.

thanks or anyone that responds :)

Wouldn't bother with the parking sensors.  My 2014 has them and they are rubbish, really rubbish.  I came to Lexus from Merc whose sensors were brilliant.  Lexus seems to do everything well except these.

I believe the wiring for the cruise control is already built in, just needs a stalk fitting but best check

The finance thing would put me off immediately. Wouldn't buy a car with any sort of finance showing  - only proceed when its been cleared and its showing up as cleared

OEM parking sensors work very well i.e. tell you when an object is there but dont expect it to do crazy things like pick up a really low object or a thin 5cm pole.

49 minutes ago, rayaans said:

I believe the wiring for the cruise control is already built in, just needs a stalk fitting but best check

The finance thing would put me off immediately. Wouldn't buy a car with any sort of finance showing  - only proceed when its been cleared and its showing up as cleared

OEM parking sensors work very well i.e. tell you when an object is there but dont expect it to do crazy things like pick up a really low object or a thin 5cm pole.

I agree. The CT200H is based on the Prius, and this also has no cruise control on the basic model. However the wiring is there up to where the cruise stalk control should be. The cruise stalk has to be fitted along with a stop switch on the brake pedal to cancel cruise when the brakes are applied.

The cruise switch grounds a control pin on the hybrid ECU through a series of resistors. The value of the resistor grounding the connection selects the function of the cruise.

The extra stop switch circuit puts a positive feed to the ECU to cancel cruise.

John

1 hour ago, Britprius said:

I agree. The CT200H is based on the Prius, and this also has no cruise control on the basic model. However the wiring is there up to where the cruise stalk control should be. The cruise stalk has to be fitted along with a stop switch on the brake pedal to cancel cruise when the brakes are applied.

The cruise switch grounds a control pin on the hybrid ECU through a series of resistors. The value of the resistor grounding the connection selects the function of the cruise.

The extra stop switch circuit puts a positive feed to the ECU to cancel cruise.

John

Very interesting. 

However, how would this bode with insurance companies? Would you have to tell them? Im assuming you do as it could become quite catastrophic should something go wrong with the cruise control system. 

Hi guys 

good news is I bought car

i rang finance company and they said they had no interest in it as its a stocking finance , they said dealer is liable

guy sold a few whilst I was there so I'm hoping his legit and finance will be cleared in a few days plus I have invoices etc

Bad news is DAB radio only picks up 2 stations so not sure if it's faulty or not

Also when I brake and roll a little I hear a grinding noise 

Car has just been fully serviced at Lexus Leicester so will call them up tommorow to query what's up

would appreciate any thoughts ???

ps cruise control was quoted £350 by Leicester Lexus , it can be done on new face lift models too 

Any modification from factory supplied specification should be notified to the insurer. Probably wise to speak with them before doing any mods as they may point blank refuse to cover the modified car.

I added many options and mods to one of my Mercedes and my insurers were fine with them all, right up to when I said I wanted to add braided brake hoses. They said they would cancel my cover if I did......

3 minutes ago, gokhan said:

Hi guys 

good news is I bought car

i rang finance company and they said they had no interest in it as its a stocking finance , they said dealer is liable

guy sold a few whilst I was there so I'm hoping his legit and finance will be cleared in a few days plus I have invoices etc

Bad news is DAB radio only picks up 2 stations so not sure if it's faulty or not

Also when I brake and roll a little I hear a grinding noise 

Car has just been fully serviced at Lexus Leicester so will call them up tommorow to query what's up

would appreciate any thoughts ???

ps cruise control was quoted £350 by Leicester Lexus , it can be done on new face lift models too 

As you have purchased the car from a dealer you will be covered by their warranty. Get the issues sorted by them

Just now, gokhan said:

Well for now cruise control is not the be all and end all but I'll speak with insurance when I choose to get it done 

If it's offered as an option on the model, they probably won't have any problem with but always best to check.

21 minutes ago, gokhan said:

Yeah the dealer is independent but the car has warranty left till oct with Lexus so I'll phone tommorow and check in with my local

Most likely the brakes are grumbling from not being used much

Do some emergency braking and see if that helps.

The brakes on the hybrids do grumble at low speed though. 

15 hours ago, Rednotdead said:

Wouldn't bother with the parking sensors.  My 2014 has them and they are rubbish, really rubbish.  I came to Lexus from Merc whose sensors were brilliant.  Lexus seems to do everything well except these.

Tried parking as well on buddy's 2014 almost the same impression, thought these sensors makes smoother parking.

What a numpty i am :tongue:

Didn't realise that you have to push control stick to right to see stations other than those in preset so DAB seems fine :)

Dealer sent me service docs proof which dont really confirm brake status but nothing on advisory apart from cracked number plate

Been advised grumbling is normal but its more grinding i hear when rolling at low speeds and breaking , im gonna get a visual check done at my local next week and will see if i can pop to a garage for them to check pads and discs

Other than that car seems ok if a little too much vibration or bumpyness for my liking , but i knew the ride would be firm so im not fussed my leg and back is much happier than they were in my ford ecoboost manual

Pics of car attached

lexus 2.jpg

lexus 3.jpg

lexus.jpg

Yes sir indeed it is , showed pads to a mechanic and he said they look fine but I'm gonna get a visual inspection done by Lexus as he did say it could be warped discs but was unwilling to take wheels off or do anything as under warranty

will keep you posted

2 hours ago, gokhan said:

Yes sir indeed it is , showed pads to a mechanic and he said they look fine but I'm gonna get a visual inspection done by Lexus as he did say it could be warped discs but was unwilling to take wheels off or do anything as under warranty

will keep you posted

Warped discs would give you vibration through the steering wheel when braking.

I=

Thanks buddy very much appreciate your input , I hope so I'll see if I can try and make a high speed stop

cant even visually see the front pads very well myself but hoping mechanic is correct 

just very worried as eventually I might hand the car to dad but don't want to give him a lemon , I just moved it out of drive and the noise + creaks from brakes and steering on full lock is there

never owned one of these so not sure what's normal what's not , guess I'll get it checked my Lexus Woodford next week hopefully they will give it all clear or find issues

if they find issues can I go back to dealer and ask him to sort or contribute towards cost , thinking I'm screwed cause he will just say should have checked before buying ? Anyone have any experience of this ???

ps stering is quite heavy or weighty is this the norm or should it be very light , seems very heavy compared to the Ford Focus I had 

The dealer may not like it but he has a responsibility when selling. The vehicle must be safe, road legal and  suitable for use and fault free, within reason, taking age, mileage and price into account. He can't turn round and say you should have noted any faults at time of sale. You have at least 3 months to report faults you believe were present when sold.

• Like 1

Good to hear , booking it in to Lexus Woodford as I'm hearing way too many creaks and noises to be happy 

will report my findings , thinking maybe steering column could be faulty as others have reported recalls on similar symptoms