Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2014 onwards facelift

gokhan

5 hours ago, gokhan said:

Good to hear , booking it in to Lexus Woodford as I'm hearing way too many creaks and noises to be happy 

will report my findings , thinking maybe steering column could be faulty as others have reported recalls on similar symptoms 

Heavy steering seems problematic - should be fairly light 

Might need a full alignment doing as that can cause heavy steering if it has excessive camber up front

• Like 1

the warped disc theory is unlikely. It would have to be very obviously warped to create alarming levels of noise. Intermediate steering shaft just clunks but not particularly loudly and you feel it through the steering wheel.It could be the camber as Rayaans says but camber adjustment just doesnt "go out" unprovoked, you have to hit something very hard. Heavy steering could be causing some of the noise if there is a faulty steering rack. Without seeing or hearing the issue, its not possible to say anything definite. By the way, taking a wheel off will never void a warranty. Would you void your warranty if you had a flat tyre? Didn't want the job sounds to be more accurate.

Like you say... hope for the best and let Lexus have a look.

Yeah they didn't want job , hence why I don't trust their judgement , hoping car is not accident repaired but unrecorded

Will let Lexus Woodford check and advise further , I'm very grateful for all the help received 

1 last note I'm getting quite a bit of noise in cabin at motorway , will they check seals etc or is this normal ???

honestly I don't know if I'm being an idiot or acting mad or my concerns are valid , guessing I'll know on Tuesday 

1 hour ago, gokhan said:

Yeah they didn't want job , hence why I don't trust their judgement , hoping car is not accident repaired but unrecorded

Will let Lexus Woodford check and advise further , I'm very grateful for all the help received 

1 last note I'm getting quite a bit of noise in cabin at motorway , will they check seals etc or is this normal ???

honestly I don't know if I'm being an idiot or acting mad or my concerns are valid , guessing I'll know on Tuesday 

They do have some road noise on the motorway for some reason from my experience so most likely normal. Tyres might be to blame though. 

Tyre noise is what you're getting. The CT is very quiet inside so all other noises seem to be louder. Mine is the same. The brake noises sound normal to me as I get this at low speeds. Reading that Prius are the same too. It's highly unlikely you have pad and disc wear. Cruise control is plug and play on these cars as many on the US forum have done it. I find the steering on mine a bit heavy but I put it down to the weight of the car (1845kg).

Good luck with the CT it's a great car.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks buddy , I do love the car , but weired in places ie radio took me ages to figure out and setup plus phone system a bit iffy , plus wind noise at 70-80mph is not great but yeah it's a good car just want to get all clear and if these issues are normal I'll be a happy camper no harm in checking right plus I get to build a relationship with my local dealer for future service and I want to take out a warranty anyway so win win :)

Happy about cruise control hopefully I can do that myself and save a few bob 

thanks to everyone 

You're welcome.

It's well worth striking up a relationship with a dealer to stop your concerns. I've yet to read about anything going wrong with a CT. I wouldn't worry too much about things.

Just to add mine is a 2011 SE L Premier and I'm still on the original discs and pads all round. I've only lost a third of the pads and the discs only have a slight lip on them. The car has just turned 75K last week and I don't drive it like a hybrid either but it still gives me great mpg as my Fuelly shows from last week.

ef3288cb5f66a5640389ea81bab55b59.jpg

Well guys

Thankfully Lexus Woodford were a pleasure to deal with and after a full check they said the only thing they found was high tyre pressure which they corrected 

only myseyrry was when my back bumper was tapped we could hear a metallic noise , this had them all stumped as they said there should be a foam part there however upon checking the fisa manual they said these base S versions apparently don't have them 

I have now taken out a service plan at £580 for 3 services including MOT plus I took out additional warranty for £499 - 2 years

one of the salesman Erol even drove my car and checked it head to toe for accident damage or repairs and said mine was fine and everything I heard is normal - regen apparently , steering is still heavy for my liking especially compared to a auris I drove at Toyota next door this is a heavier car I'm told

very happy would still be good to drive a 2014 s spec car to compare but I have no reason to think everyone was lying to me 

hopefully got cruise control stalk coming in a day or so , will try see if I can get airbag off myself to fit , ordered cover from Toyota , any tips for this job 

also if I disconnect Battery will I lose my radio code or anything ???

thanks for all your help 

Thanks buddy

yeah tested cruise today works fine 

discovered the dealer bought my car from auction (BCA) which I'm slightly annoyed about as he said it was a wholesale buy , yeah right lol the to think what the markup was for me but hey ho car game I guess

passenger door has very small spots of rust developing on bottom edge , gonna see if it can be covered under warranty but won't hold my breath , windscreen has a scratch too (inside) small and not in drivers view , there is a chip as well but guy at Lexus said its so small that it won't even be filled , got another check up for extended warranty on wednesday so guess I'll know every little thing by then

guess I just gotta be happy , only rear parking sensors to do 👍

Thanks again for everyone's input and help

haopy to help anyone in London area fit cruise on thiers if they need a hand 

• Like 1

Rust along the bottom of the door may be caused by impact damage (not warranty covered). The CT doors are pretty low to the ground so it is easy to catch them on higher kerbs, especially if the road has a camber.

1 hour ago, colin79666 said:

Rust along the bottom of the door may be caused by impact damage (not warranty covered). The CT doors are pretty low to the ground so it is easy to catch them on higher kerbs, especially if the road has a camber.

Anything I can do to prevent the problem Colin ?

Thinking a very very light dab with touch up paint ?

Ah yes as Colin says the passenger door is not uncommon on these. They ground out on the kerb. Mine has the same and the drivers door too. I put rust cure on mine then touched up after.

You can also use a fibreglass pencil to remove the surface rust before painting. The Lexus touch up kit is just base and lacquer so get some primer while at Halfords. Don't just paint over the rust with the touch up kit as the rust will just continue. 

Probably still worth letting the dealer take a quick look however. 

Yeah cheers Colin ordered some rust cure jelly stuff from eBay will put on it as soon as it arrives  , will let dealer look as it really doesn't look like impact damage to me , more spots where it's bubbled very minor but none the same it needs sorting

18 hours ago, gokhan said:

Thanks buddy

yeah tested cruise today works fine 

discovered the dealer bought my car from auction (BCA) which I'm slightly annoyed about as he said it was a wholesale buy , yeah right lol the to think what the markup was for me but hey ho car game I guess

passenger door has very small spots of rust developing on bottom edge , gonna see if it can be covered under warranty but won't hold my breath , windscreen has a scratch too (inside) small and not in drivers view , there is a chip as well but guy at Lexus said its so small that it won't even be filled , got another check up for extended warranty on wednesday so guess I'll know every little thing by then

guess I just gotta be happy , only rear parking sensors to do 👍

Thanks again for everyone's input and help

haopy to help anyone in London area fit cruise on thiers if they need a hand 

Most dealers buy their cars from BCA/Manheim or other auctions so not really worth worrying about. 

Mine was an ex lease car but it's mint condition. Full Lexus history. Only one person drove that car. They left a lot of paperwork in the car so I was able to check it out haha. The company was a medical supplies firm so obviously it was a reps car. No wear and tear on it anywhere.

Apologies I forgot to mention Primer as well. Mine wasn't bubbling it was definitely kerb caught as it's directly under the door. Anyway all sorted now and can't be seen.

Briefly read a whole conversation in this topic and as proud owner of CT can admit:

1) We have electrical power steering and NOT PRESSURE ONE, that means steering wheel can give you "wobbling" feel or especially when puting on gas taking corners steering wheel might be felt funny - going from soft to hard and back...that is normal, we paid for this feature and we have to live with this even it might give us "unusual or strange" feelings, but its just like that.

2) brake pads and discs I heard people are changing after extremely high milaega, all breaking mostly happens by recuperation energy and brake discs are used very very less.

3) Talking about braking noise etc.: yes this is another thing with which we need to live with. It makes so bloody loud braking when you brake from 5-10mph on the hill in traffic - again we need to live with this.

4) I'm surprised about your enthusiasm to put any cruise in the car, because even having it I use it bearly...still driving on motorways

5) I`m driving sometimes transit van at work in central london without any parking sensors - my point is there you need sensors, why the hell you need to spend extra money on sensors in this type the car i will leave it for you...

• Like 1

On 31/03/2017 at 6:31 PM, stormchaser said:

Just to add mine is a 2011 SE L Premier and I'm still on the original discs and pads all round. I've only lost a third of the pads and the discs only have a slight lip on them. The car has just turned 75K last week and I don't drive it like a hybrid either but it still gives me great mpg as my Fuelly shows from last week.

ef3288cb5f66a5640389ea81bab55b59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As CT owner I don`t believe in these petrol figures at all. I will take a lession from you how to drive CT to get this fuel consumption...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Finzky said:

As CT owner I don`t believe in these petrol figures at all. I will take a lession from you how to drive CT to get this fuel consumption...

The way to get those mpg figures I get with mine is to drive it like a normal car and not like a hybrid. It's very easy to get these figures and I don't even try to achieve anything special. 

IMG_1085.PNG

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links