Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How's your experience been with the eBay seal? Did it reduce wind noise as you hoped?

My us-spec mk1 had the windscreen replaced as well and I have above average wind noise on the highway as well as a couple leaks due to what seems to be silicone sealant all over the top trim piece (which I'm assuming is an attempt by the previous owner to fix a bad replacement job). Also my windscreen is not OEM Lexus/Toyota glass. Not sure if that matters, though.5ea37e15ccd52104a50941eab4383183.jpg9022b2ea37b180affe4a0c21051194e3.jpg2914464808a2a91997840b678e499b6d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

blimey, that looks a bit challenging......  i think I'd have a professional re-sit the screen in the existing strips/trims and you get the chance to clean them up without damaging them hopefully.

That might remove the wind noise factor etc and make you much happier with the appearance too........  it's only money :wallbash:

Malc

Thanks for the advice, I think I will do that. Rather not muck it trying to pinch pennies. Also, does the OEM glass have any sound dampening properties that my off brand windscreen might be lacking?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The deal I got is ok. It's ever so slightly to short by a few mm. But otherwise has been fine. It definitely reduced wind noise and looks a ton better! I'm sure the OEM seal would be better but it's twice the price. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links