Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS-F v' RC-F - Depreciation

5 minutes ago, dandydons said:

The warranty also includes decent breakdown cover . 

@dandydons I can confirm that matey they got me out of a major problem that was entirely my own fault, very quick and efficient 👍

🐀

5 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@dandydons I can confirm that matey they got me out of a major problem that was entirely my own fault, very quick and efficient 👍

🐀

Touch wood I haven't used the breakdown cover but looked through the booklet and happy to discover it also covers my dearest wife for travelling in her car or me in her car . I reckon saves about £100 a year for decent joint cover so warranty only £347.50 per year . I haven't claimed off warranty yet either but only had it for 2 months . Timed it so I can renew for 2 years just before it is 10 years old . 

• Like 2

Warranty also includes free MOT's, MOT cover & key cover which together with the full European breakdown cover for £450 a year (on a 2 yr for price of 1 basis) I think make it pretty good value for the peace of mind it provides. Also guarantees it will be Lexus who do the work.

I've had the warranty from the beginning & bought another two years to run from when the original runs out in May. I'm sure there is a fair chance I won't need to use it, but I would be buying breakdown cover & paying for MOT's anyway so the relatively little extra cost seems worth it for the piece of mind.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DAW said:

Warranty also includes free MOT's, MOT cover & key cover which together with the full European breakdown cover for £450 a year (on a 2 yr for price of 1 basis) I think make it pretty good value for the peace of mind it provides. Also guarantees it will be Lexus who do the work.

I've had the warranty from the beginning & bought another two years to run from when the original runs out in May. I'm sure there is a fair chance I won't need to use it, but I would be buying breakdown cover & paying for MOT's anyway so the relatively little extra cost seems worth it for the piece of mind.

Not sure how you manage to get free MOT's. Yes MOT cover but not the cost of the actual MOT surely ? My MOT  cost half price but that is through service plan not the warranty . 

16 minutes ago, DAW said:

@DAW As you rightly highlight as an 'industry' product it is right up there with the best, a warm fuzzy feeling motoring comfort blanket 😏

Big Rat

• Like 2

Sounds a great deal to me too. You'll get the sceptical people that, and rightly so in most cases, believe that insurance companies work on ridiculous margins and should be avoided if you can afford the covering the risk yourself without insurance. 

The IS-F may be just as reliable as it appears going forward meaning Lexus are making a big margin here too. However, Lexus may be operating this at little to no profit. From their perspective, there's about 200 IS-F on the road followed by a 2 year gap to the next F model.

Even if they were making no profit, extending the ability to cover an IS-F up to 15 years would unlikely be a big loser from their point of view and would also bode well for sales of other F models. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@DAW As you rightly highlight as an 'industry' product it is right up there with the best, a warm fuzzy feeling motoring comfort blanket 😏

Big Rat

The warm fuzzy feeling is the Guinness @Big Rat :yahoo:

• Like 2

Nope. bulbs are classified as a consumable. I wouldn't have got the Lexus bulbs though. I got a set of Osram bulbs from amazon. Two bulbs for the price Lexus charge for one. Fitted both too as it's better and saves faffing about of the other one goes later on down the line. The Osram ones are so much better as the produce a crisp white light, better than the slight yellow tinge ones from factory. Plus you get a lifetime Warranty from Osram.

1 hour ago, Arqum said:

Nope. Bulbs are classified as a consumable. I wouldn't have got the Lexus bulbs though. I got a set of Osram bulbs from Amazon. Two bulbs for the price Lexus charge for one. Fitted both too as it's better and saves faffing about of the other one goes later on down the line. The Osram ones are so much better as the produce a crisp white light, better than the slight yellow tinge ones from factory. Plus you get a lifetime Warranty from Osram.

Furthermore, I would only replace HIDs in pairs or at least with exactly the same one as in the other side i.e. if you have original Lexus on one side and aftermarket one on the other they will illuminate road unevenly. 

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

Furthermore, I would only replace HIDs in pairs or at least with exactly the same one as in the other side i.e. if you have original Lexus on one side and aftermarket one on the other they will illuminate road unevenly. 

And potentially a different colour temperature.

7 hours ago, dandydons said:

Not sure how you manage to get free MOT's. Yes MOT cover but not the cost of the actual MOT surely ? My MOT  cost half price but that is through service plan not the warranty . 

Oh ok I get free MOT's, but then possibly that might be because I have also got a service plan.  I thought it was the warranty, but if that's  not the case sorry for the bum steer!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flytvr said:

And potentially a different colour temperature.

Indeed... I assumed that is obvious, but that is true especially if you already have something like Night Breakers which are completely white, and they fit you aftermarket one which try to match yellowish OEM ones.

23 hours ago, Chuckie478 said:

When I extended my warranty in January I had 6 weeks left to run so they postdated it to start when the current one ran out. 

Considering they keep doing warranty deals I wonder what's stopping you from just buying several at the same time and let them run one after the other. 

Is that all C63s or just the 6.2l NA one?  Any idea how RS4s do?

RS4s - £17918, with just under 30 for sale right now.

• Like 1

When comparing IS-F prices it is important to note Lexus is actually better equipped than others e.g. M3 will come mostly manual at bottom end - not necessarily a bad thing on track but obviously affect the price. Cheaper RS4s will be as basic as imaginable as well, whereas Lexus IS-F is pretty much fully loaded across the board - there were not that many options to chose from anyway.

My point - IS-F is very good value for money, especially if you want to do little bit more than fool around the track.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Rcfs surely will become even less popular once the LC is on the scene

I know which one is be taking home if cash wasnt a consideration.

I'm sure I can settle for an RCF in the meantime.....🤣

• Like 2

However, there is a large gap in value  between the RCF  and the new LC, so it could be argued they are separate  markets 

I can't see Lexus releasing a V8 ISF again, but who knows!

4 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

However, there is a large gap in value  between the RCF  and the new LC, so it could be argued they are separate  markets 

I can't see Lexus releasing a V8 ISF again, but who knows!

☹️😭😭😭😭😭☹️GSF it is then 😂

🐀

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links