Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS-F v' RC-F - Depreciation

Interesting discussion. Like MarkG sais some people buy with their heart, a logical decision it is not.  

I think the vast majority of performance or sports cars are purchased that way as it is almost never a logical decision. Loosing a heap of money in a short time never is. Buying a brandnew AMG or RS6, Bentley or M5 and trading it in after 3 years is the fastest way of loosing a lot of money, nevertheless people do buy them.

On topic, the RCF is a bit off beat car, a niche within a niche and i guess it will appeal only to a very select group. Supply and demand.. will not be easy to sell new or used so normally prices should fall faster than the reast of the range. 

• Like 3

The RC is such a looker, I have never had so many compliments on a car I've owned before. My AMG drew attention from those who knew their cars but the RC gets everyone's attention. From thumbs up from drivers of your typical 'ricer' to long and intense attention from the 'boys in blue' that I never experienced in my AMG, this car is definitely an attention grabber even though, in hybrid form, is no performance car, it doesn't seem to matter to the casual observer. That said even 'those who should know' have mistaken it for the V8.

To say I'm stoked is an understatement :yahoo:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

The RC is such a looker, I have never had so many compliments on a car I've owned before. My AMG drew attention from those who knew their cars but the RC gets everyone's attention. From thumbs up from drivers of your typical 'ricer' to long and intense attention from the 'boys in blue' that I never experienced in my AMG, this car is definitely an attention grabber even though, in hybrid form, is no performance car, it doesn't seem to matter to the casual observer. That said even 'those who should know' have mistaken it for the V8.

To say I'm stoked is an understatement :yahoo:

Must be the gorgeous paint, that red is stunning. There are some strong opinions on colour choice in this forum but I'm happy to admit that yours is the nicest lexus colour 🖒

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Must be the gorgeous paint, that red is stunning. There are some strong opinions on colour choice in this forum but I'm happy to admit that yours is the nicest lexus colour 🖒

That was the wife's choice ... don't tell her!

Yes the Sonic Red has an amazing depth and constantly changes in diffuse light and direct sun. The Clove leather lifts the interior out of the usual darkness that the common black imposses. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I like the RCF. I appreciate that it is much more modern than the ISF, but I still fail to see (for the money) what it offers over and above the ISF.

Impracticality and 'radical' ( as in Radical Coupe) style and , so far, rarity. The latter I don't see changing drastically 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Impracticality and 'radical' ( as in Radical Coupe) style and , so far, rarity. The latter I don't see changing drastically 

@NemesisUK Peter it's good to be different, ask anyone who's met me confirms it 😂

Lovely car fella 👍

Big Rat

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@NemesisUK Peter it's good to be different, ask anyone who's met me confirms it 😂

Lovely car fella 👍

Big Rat

I agree, I think it's stunning. If I could afford one, I would buy an RCF. Perhaps an 'SCF' design might have sold more units but I saw the RCF as the replacement for the legendary Soarer and then along comes the next model. 

Image result for Lexus LC500

• Like 1

Just now, Neil E said:

I agree, I think it's stunning. If I could afford one, I would buy an RCF. Perhaps an 'SCF' design might have sold more units but I saw the RCF as the replacement for the legendary Soarer and then along comes the next model. 

Image result for Lexus LC500

@Neil E Lovely picture just commenting on a Soarer in another thread 👍

🐀

Just now, Warrington guy said:

Saw a black RCF yesterday . We all know it's not the fastest, But OMG it look the part . Would be my next car on my list 

The RCF with a body kits looks amazing...like Tom's 

Screenshot_20170430-210814.thumb.png.1e7212db845300de4870085fd662f0b7.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Do they do a cream interior for the RC-F? I've seen some really gory interiors:( 

Closest is Clove, not sure if one can get it with the optional sports seats in the F

lexus-rc-interior-tokyo-2.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Does that go for all Lexus cars???lol

5 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

Does that go for all Lexus cars???lol

I like the mesa red on the isf but it's not as popping as sonic red. The best factory isf colour is still up for debate... 😉

• Like 1

I saw an RC300h in Orange today at Lexus Chester. When the sun is reflecting on it and if you stand up close, there is a lovely goldish tinge. But from a distance or when overcast I found it to be an unpleasant shade.

It was also interesting to see a 61 plate Blue IS-F next to a Blue 16 plate RC300h. The RC looked slightly darker and my opinion more striking. Shame about the crap engine though

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links