Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Following up on problems with touch screen on another thread (attached) and having searched in vain for solutions, I now think that the problem lies in my sat nav drive. When I turn ignition on the screen turns to the lexus green screen and then after a short-ish time turns to climate etc. However, if I press audio, the screen changes instantly, and then if I press climate it functions immediately too. Unfortunately when I press menu, then I get the cd rom prompt - open door. My boot is completely dry, but I tried the heating with hair dryer trick to see if it would work, and again no. I would have thought that the menu would operate even if a disc wasn't in the unit, but no. Before I go and purchase a used sat nav drive are there any other functions to try?

I think that at 18 years old now, my car is getting to the end of it's life (owned for 9 years) and I'm reluctant to spend a lot on it when something else may be ready to peg out. It is still running great though and I don't know what to replace it with.

Pete

35 minutes ago, lockeyboy said:

Buy a Garmin unit and keep the Lexus?

I'm not bothered about sat nav (got a Tom Tom), but I can't access the menu function because of the problem with the sat nav drive unit.

Pete

• Like 1

my Tom Tom is brilliant ..........  my Mk3 is sans SatNav anyway

I can live without SatNav quite easily ...  22 years and going strong. Wouldn't know what to rep[lace her with anyway too, so i guess i shan't :winkiss:

Malc

I disconnected for an hour and it didn't make a difference. However, I didn't need to enter radio code, so the internal Battery may not have run down. If it didn't reboot I would have no way of resetting things as the menu can't be accessed when problem exists, so don't want to risk it.

Pete

Pete

There is no internal Battery in your system ,the probable reason you did not have to insert a code is because the system as never had one set.

Disconnect the cd housing in the boot and bring it indoors and check the unit is clean and dry.

Leave it in your house for a few days then reconnect and try it. 

My boot is completely dry - drive unit had light dust on it - that was all. Menu button and other sat nav related buttons are now not working at all, so I think I'll look for a good used unit.

cheers for replies.

Pete